UK version of Alone.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I honestly think the psychological shock to Brits as compared to Americans / Canadians of the dawning realisation that a potential Apex Predator is in the environment is something not to be discounted. I think that would undermine everyones confidence and instil a level of paranoia that is going to erode ones self belief.

Only need 2/3 nights of rubbish sleep because you're seeing the boogey-bear in every shadow and your physical determination is going to ebb.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
When they were originally looking for participants I thought about applying, watching the first two episode I wish I had given it a go. After watching the calibre of contestants on the US alone I felt I would stand no chance.

I think some of the contestants may have under apricated the scale of the the challenge they had taken on, its a shame not to see more skilled people like you get on the US show.

The problem is not with the 10 who went out but with the production team who choose people with a low chance of success over putting ten skilled people in that land.

But with all these shows they are looking for interesting characters, back stories and diversity amongst the participants.

Its a tv show and they will aim to entertain the masses or everyday joes who just watch for the drama, not people who practice the skills needed.

Whose going to give it a bash if there is a second series? I think I would apply and work on my weak spots.

Last edited:

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I think they’ve obviously gone for everyday people for a few reasons. Keeps it short, relatable people for common folk and can often make better entertainment too.

I won’t be watching as I’d rather have some substance to what I watch but I’m sure it will be good viewing for many.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Watched most of the US ones, the Brit one seems rather embarrassing at the moment,
I'd like to see some survival and bushcraft experts on it, also a special forces edition would be great to watch.

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
I know one of the contestants well and I trust them 100% as to what they told me about participating. They also command a lot of respect and are highly regarded on the forum as well

What they did was not fake at all. They went out there and worked their ar$e off under extreme conditions far harder than you and probably most of the people on this forum could handle. So for you to call it fake is insulting to them and all the other contestants.

As MoT has pointed out the contestants had no control whatsoever as to how the footage they shot of their hard work was edited. So if you want something to gripe about then moan about that and stop disparaging the contestants.
Il say what I want it’s public forum

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
If only Spirt Fish was still a member of the forum - we could send him and be entertained and enlightened at the same time.

Probably cook a 5 course meal in his boot and make wine with ear wax .

• Haha
Reactions: cbrdave and Dan1982

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
But how have you seen lots of clever editing if you’ve only watched one episode?

You’re just making things up.
Because editing videos used to be how I earned a living actually so I’m not making things up,I spot a lot sus stuff Iff u like reality tv then great .

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, guess unless you've been involved in the season or know a participant you'll never know.
I hope you enjoy the free hour between 21:00-22:00hrs tonight, I'll enjoy watching something different on tv to the norm then play the mental game of what if.
I’d rather be out fishing

Reactions: cbrdave

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Now I have just seen the last few minutes of an episode with a young man looking, or at least acting, scared as there were apparent animal noises outside his bivouac - cue credits.

It struck me that were the contestants seasoned woods folk then the programme would be bloody boring as we watched people in their own environment carrying out routine activities.

Does anyone want to come into my kitchen and watch me make toast - with an ELECTRIC toaster?

Reactions: Broch

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Now I have just seen the last few minutes of an episode with a young man looking, or at least acting, scared as there were apparent animal noises outside his bivouac - cue credits.

It struck me that were the contestants seasoned woods folk then the programme would be bloody boring as we watched people in their own environment carrying out routine activities.

Does anyone want to come into my kitchen and watch me make toast - with an ELECTRIC toaster?

Dunno.... how dangerous is your kitchen?

• Haha
Reactions: Toddy

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Second most dangerous room in the house.
On a scale of one to bathroom it rates 80% but I can handle it. I’ve got a 24cm Victorinox carving knife and a signature ladle made for Morrisons. Bring it on!!!

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Ah, you jest but I had a very stressful few moments this morning as I desperately tried to get the toast to stay down. Had the other half of the four slice toaster finally given up the ghost...? (The left half having already expired owing to smoke and flame element failure some months ago)

*annnnnd... commercial break*

No, the old man had given it a shake out and neglected to turn the socket on again. Crisis averted, fruit loaf toasted, butter melting, all's right with the world.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com

Dunno - how seasoned of a woodsperson do you have to be to not be worried about bears getting into your shelter at night?

Reactions: R_Fonseca

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
She tells me that things are by no means as smooth or as peaceful as shown on the screen
Nor anything like as quick. I too have appeared on several quiz shows and failed to appear on Mastermind on the day having been afflicted with the worst single incidence of Delhi belly I've had in my life, makes my experience of Gib Gut seem positively tame.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Dunno - how seasoned of a woodsperson do you have to be to not be worried about bears getting into your shelter at night?
Now.
Does anyone here know whether the contestants are really risking confrontation with major predators?
I’m trying to imagine the legal disclaimer in the production company contract.
I’m not saying that the contestants aren’t out in a natural environment. I’m just wondering how the risks are assessed and mitigated in program production.

Edit - just a thought. If someone is eaten does that count as an elimination and everyone else gets a pass? - I’ll get my coat.:sulk:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 pot hunter

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE