UK version of Alone.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harold Godwinson

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2023
Cornwall
I've just been reading on line that channel 4 has a production company called The garden (I think) making a UK version of Alone?

Does any one here have any more information on this? What's the word on the ground?

Can not find much on line other than a release date of possibly April?

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
I believe that this was filmed in autumn last year and is currently in post production. Due to air on Channel 4 sometime this year.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Their press release on 23 August 2022 says it was commissioned. Must have moved pretty fast if in post. Just hope it's not embarrassingly short because contestants dropped like flies.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Might be interesting to see a few guys sitting naked and alone on a Scottish meadow playing with a ferro rod.

I think I would like it, especially if it rains a bit.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Why do I envision a shield wall worth of Saxon reenactors, Button People, Bikers and PETA protesting a local pig farmer colliding with a episode being filmed as several BCUK members, unaware of each other’s presence are stealth camping. A scene, worthy of Homer

• Haha
Reactions: DocG and gra_farmer

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Harry and Megan ‘ get by’ a short drive up the coast from me in a neighborhood of pretty ‘ comfortable’ people with less worries than many.
With the histrionics going on, They could do an episode of ‘ALONE’
Not to bash your institution, but I thought my family had issues!

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
As I said previously… this was filmed nearly a year ago. Airing early august.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Two people in Micklagaard wool smocks, they've watched the US series.

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
I've just been reading on line that channel 4 has a production company called The garden (I think) making a UK version of Alone?

Does any one here have any more information on this? What's the word on the ground?

The alone series is most fake staged program ever albeit slightly entertaining .They pull u out show Iff your bmi is off n other metrics usually the most obese person wins due to this reason

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield

I’m curious as to how this was made legal in U.K. unless it’s on a crazy remote Scottish island

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield

Also to make the competition fair there should be a maximum cut off point for body fat % no contestant should be over 20%

I’m curious as to how this was made legal in U.K. unless it’s on a crazy remote Scottish island
They travelled to Canada to film it I believe. The participants are all from the UK.

The alone series is most fake staged program ever albeit slightly entertaining .They pull u out show Iff your bmi is off n other metrics usually the most obese person wins due to this reason
How exactly does having proper safety measures to ensure that no one dies make it staged?
Whilst a lot of the contestants add weight which is a sensible tactic, for most the added padding rapidly gets lost as they build shelters, and investigate the area.

I think there has been a few larger folk who have tapped out and certainly Woniya who was in season 6 then won the Alone Frozen was not obese, the winner of season 8 Clay was not obese at the start nor the end, the mental fortitude and grit is definitely the factor rather than if they have had a second helping of pudding.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Does anyone else wonder at the sheer strangeness of this pretending while a film crew works ? Of actually wanting to participate ?

I'm sure that the people 'enduring' are having a hard time, but it is rather manufactured to suit an agenda.
I have worked behind the scenes for a couple of films; I know that what appears on the screen is often so far removed from the reality of the filming that it's out on the Oort cloud.

'reality' tv just strikes me as fantasy.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Does anyone else wonder at the sheer strangeness of this pretending while a film crew works ? Of actually wanting to participate ?

I'm sure that the people 'enduring' are having a hard time, but it is rather manufactured to suit an agenda.
I have worked behind the scenes for a couple of films; I know that what appears on the screen is often so far removed from the reality of the filming that it's out on the Oort cloud.

'reality' tv just strikes me as fantasy.
A majority of time the film crew aren't present when doing 'Alone' and it's down to the contestants to do the actual filming. They then leave the memory cards and spent batteries at a designated spot for the crew to swap out. Contestants are alone for extended periods of time. They'll have medical check ups as time progresses but that's about all the contact they have

Reality TV with films crews present is totally different and is deliberately engineered to cause stress and strife for the sake of 'good' viewing.

Reactions: Dan1982 and Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE