UK based Parang seller

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
I had a parang many years ago which I purchased whilst at TTB in Brunei but sold it once I left the military. :( I have the option of going to South America shortly and would like to take a parang with me. Is there anybody in the UK that sells them? I have Googled and looked through a number of forums for a UK-based seller but have not been able to find them. I do not want to pay the earth and would be grateful if anybody could point me in the right direction.

I know some people are fans of issued golok, but I never took to them myself. :thankyou:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I had a parang many years ago which I purchased whilst at TTB in Brunei but sold it once I left the military. :( I have the option of going to South America shortly and would like to take a parang with me. Is there anybody in the UK that sells them? I have Googled and looked through a number of forums for a UK-based seller but have not been able to find them. I do not want to pay the earth and would be grateful if anybody could point me in the right direction.

I know some people are fans of issued golok, but I never took to them myself. :thankyou:

I'm in exactly the same situation. There doesn't seem to be any decent suppliers of them here.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Jun23755.jpg

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
well, I have also been looking for a parang - which is why I bought the parang XL - I would not soley rely on it, as it is quite light, and the handle is B***h to the hand. I can't really see me using it outside the rosebed really!

So, on reccomendation by several of my friends, I bought one from here.
http://www.valiantco.com/
Not Uk based, but I had mine sent to me and should arrive in the next day or so.

I personally prefer a parang too over a south american machete. But buying locally could be an option. Support local ecomies and get your self a souvenir.
A martindale golok is a great quality / price / availibility thing (heinie's?)

Got no other ideas about true parangs in your neck of the woods though and no I am not selling my last one from Sarawak ;-)

Grtz Johan

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I personally prefer a parang too over a south american machete. But buying locally could be an option. Support local ecomies and get your self a souvenir.

The locals where I'm going have Martindales and rely on us to trade them. We are taking in a load for this purpose.

Cheers Duncan, the thought was there.

I love my Parang XL, but I don't think it will take well to hard jungle work. Thick bamboo will kill it for sure. I'm going to go with Valiant.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
I have used the Martindale's but never managed to get along with them. I should have expanded on the point that I find the parang kota style the best for me as they are not overly long and have a nice curved blade.

outdoor+parang+knife.JPG

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I've a parang on the bench at the moment as it happens ;) It's a similar blade to the one I have in the traders section, but this has a beech handle and will have a leather sheath I expect.

I'll post a picture next week when its done :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE