Anybody ordered from britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk / Field Textiles recently?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 9, 2023
Yorkshire
As I understand it this company gets stuff direct from the MOD and sells stuff wholesale to other suppliers and have been around for a long time.

However, I'm a bit concerned because there are a lot of bad reviews for them around

e.g. Trustpilot Reviews also Google Maps Reviews

I understand people are more likely to leave bad reviews than good, but it's not great reading. Sounds like they're not that helpful in the event of an issue.

Can anybody vouch for them/have any recent experience with them? I'd shop elsewhere but they have everything I need in stock and at a much better price than I can find elsewhere...

Thanks in advance!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
If it seems too good to be true…

I wouldn’t have any dealings with them. How are you weighing the convenience of them having everything you want at great prices against the hassle of non delivery, wrong items, no comms, chasing refunds, old gear sold as new, etc?

It‘s a gamble, the odds aren’t good and the goods are odd. ;)

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
I've had a few things off them (albeit not recently) and have been very happy with the service and the quality of the products (in so far as they were 'as described' with condition appropriate to the grading).

In one instance, I ordered a basha in grade 1 condition. It arrived with a sizeable tear which pretty much rendered it useless. I contacted them and they were great. They asked for a couple of photos then told me to hang on to the damaged tarp and sent me another. Couldn't argue with that service.

If you're in need of some re-assurance, I believe they have an e-bay store as well, so you might want to see about ordering through that so you at least have e-bay for back-up if things go wrong?

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
Considering the amount of stuff they must turn over then they’re bound to have some bad reviews. Sometimes people make mistakes, it’s how they resolve those mistakes that can make the situation better or worse.
My best advice is to pay using a credit card or PayPal, that way if there is a serious issue you can probably get a refund from them and they will take the money back from britishmilitarysurplus’s account.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I ordered a Danish combat jacket from them ages ago, but wasn’t sure on the size, they were helpful on the phone and it came quick. That was a number of years ago now though tbh so can’t comment on recent performance. I bought direct.

Jun 9, 2023
Yorkshire
Thanks a lot for your comments everyone.

I've placed an order just now, it was some modular sleep systems I was after and they were a lot better on price than anywhere else so figured it was worth a punt.

Will update this thread once I (hopefully) receive my order!

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
These guys are pretty much a wholesaler for surplus kit. I would imagine their volume presents any problems they have. I have bought stuff from them, a few years ago now and had no problem.

Jun 9, 2023
Yorkshire
So sorry for the delay in updating this! I know it's been a while but I thought I'd post in case anybody is interested.

I can report everything went great with the order! It was shipped extremely quickly with DPD and everything was in better condition than I expected.

I will say that they didn't respond to any of my enquiries before I ordered, so had there been an issue with the order I'm not sure how I would have fared!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE