Two nights and a Tipi.(pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks, heres some pics of my weekend out at a local reservoir. I spent two nights out doing a solo. So Friday lunchtime i headed up to Alemoor reservoir which is only 9 mile from my home. I took the Bison Telt and the Frontier stove for a bit of luxury.

The Tipi set up at my location.
alemoor_zps4f5aeae7.jpg

Once the sleeping quarters were arranged,it was time to fire up the stove.
So with a brew in hand, i chilled out by the water side, watching the night draw in.
alemoor3_zpsf104973d.jpg

It was a still evening, with blue skies and a chill in the air.
alemoor2_zps258846c6.jpg

I retired early to bed around 9oclock, listening too geese coming in to roost on the water.
Well the stars may have been out when i turned in, but Saturday was grey and over cast, and it remained so all day.
Seeing it was not so nice i decided to carve a rough chopping board out of a pine log, that some others had left from a prevous campfire.
alemoor4_zpsa0b2c884.jpg

Well my peace by the loch was shattered, not once but three times by the local hunt. The first time the hounds were sent charging through my camp, so much for solitude.
The next time the mounted brigade. As quiet returned and i thought i had got rid of them, next thing a Fox came hurtling past with a single hound in pursuit, followed by the baying mob again. I do so hope they had a bad day.

So once peace finally returned and the so called country folks had gone home, i used my rough chopping board to prep the veg for my evening stew.

After my meal and a brew, i turned in early again and read for awhile.
I was awoken by the crows calling in the trees and i knew it must be nearing day break.
There was a chill in the air, so i decided to stay put in my cosy bedroll, i finally rose at 9.30, stuck the hexy stove on for a quick breakfast brew, i did'nt bother with the Frontier stove this morning as i would be packing up.
Upon exiting the Tipi i was greeted to some ice on the water.
alemoor5_zpsdd988d13.jpg

Well i was all packed up by 11.30, but the day was just to glorious to head home yet, so i took the camera and had a wander around.
alemoor9_zps7f1f5393.jpg

The super market was even open way out here.
alemoor6_zps715576c8.jpg

alemoor8_zpsbf619cb6.jpg

alemoor7_zpsa37d3fa0.jpg

alemoor10_zps48586c9c.jpg

You know some days just feel great to be alive, and to day, with the sun shining on my back, and a chill breeze for a reality check, it sure was good to be alive,to witness mother nature in all her splendour.
From the hills looking over the soft lowland borders.
alemoor11_zpsf75fa57c.jpg

And my first panorama shot.
alemoorpana_zps68d9f410.jpg

Well it was a good weekend being back in the outdoors, soaking up the fresh crisp clean air.
It a shame i had to come back to reality though, hoo humm.

And so there you go, that was my weekend, thanks for taking the time to look.

Cheers Stuart.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Looks like a nice quiet industrious weekend , well most of it .
The tent and stove look well at home by the reservoir .

Craig........

Last edited:

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nice one stu. I know what you mean, nowt quite like country folk to soil the tranquility lol it usually me mind making the noise and it usually because I e a pack of school kids in tow lol.

Glad you managed to enjoy the weekend I did too :)

Orric

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
good effort Stuart and there was you thinking you would have a nice quiet peaceful weekend without the crazy gang keeping you up till 6am lol, you should have invited the fox into the tipi for a brew and then set your huge deadfall trap for the country brigade coming through lol

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hope you were thinking of all us poor blokes being dragged round the shops by our better halves. :(
Great pictures and what a battery recharging trip that looks.

Next time the hounds and red jackets storm through tell them their hound ruined your tent and you will be putting in a bill.

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Looks like a good one Stuart ,solo camps always give you time to chill out ,well unless you have the local hunt running through your camp :)

gsfgaz

Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Great pics Stu ,, that looked liked a very laid back weekend , till the hunters came through , i hope the fox got away ..
i thought that was banned aswell ... cheers bro ,,,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE