Two headed snake

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
No, snakes are known for it.

Particularly troublesome in those who like to eat other snakes...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
When I was clearing out the folks loft a few months ago I found an old animal book from my childhood days, one of the pages was cut out and I remember my dad doing it because the two headed snake used to make my brother cry. I think he must have watched too many Sinbad movies :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
When I was clearing out the folks loft a few months ago I found an old animal book from my childhood days, one of the pages was cut out and I remember my dad doing it because the two headed snake used to make my brother cry. I think he must have watched too many Sinbad movies :)

My mom did that with a shark book I had. It was that picture of Rodney Fox after the Great White got him and before they sewed him up. Amazingly I got to meet him a few years back when off the coast of Durban diving for Whites with Emm.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Amazingly I got to meet him a few years back when off the coast of Durban diving for Whites with Emm.

Anyone else read anything odd in that reply?

I'd be heading the other way me, or waving from the boat.

about the 2 headed snake thing, I remember seeing a photograph years ago of the same thing, mustn't be that uncommon then. Better than a two headed Giraffe that's for sure, now that would be freaky!

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
My mom did that with a shark book I had. It was that picture of Rodney Fox after the Great White got him and before they sewed him up. Amazingly I got to meet him a few years back when off the coast of Durban diving for Whites with Emm.
I've been to Rodney's place near Adelaide and parted some dollars for a big set of jaws which I'm sat looking at now.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've been to Rodney's place near Adelaide and parted some dollars for a big set of jaws which I'm sat looking at now.

Cool. I have a ginormous GW tooth. How big are those jaws. They must be worth a small fortune now.

Emma is really into sharks. I was hoping to find one that would be willing to allow her to be in one permanently, but even they backed off from her.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Got a few Meg teeth, biggest is just over 6 1/2 inchs.

I was rehearsing turning quickly and 'accidently' knocking her overboard with my tank.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Cool. I have a ginormous GW tooth. How big are those jaws. They must be worth a small fortune now.

Emma is really into sharks. I was hoping to find one that would be willing to allow her to be in one permanently, but even they backed off from her.
It's from a rather large bull shark - nearly 3m long. Had to ditch some items from my rucksack to make room for it!

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
3 metres ?....., I think you've got a set megalodon gnashers there ! .....not even a PLCE bergen could fit that in..
Ha ha. Sorry, I meant that was the length of the shark. I do recall there was a megalodon jaw there though, shame they're not still about as that would make for some exciting fishing,

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I saw a GW in False Bay SA.
I was glad to be in a sturdy powerful boat at the time.... those suckers are plenty big enough to put me off swimming ....

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
I was once somewhat perplexed on my first, and last, fishing trip on the River Wisła (Vistula) in Warsaw, to land a grossly deformed, two headed trout. I'd already killed a fish of about 1 lb, which I was about to return dead after a Polish guy told me it was a common occurrence there, but he said he'd take it! Thankfully, he did point out that they were to feed his cats and not himself!

I've never really been a fan of heavy metal!

Loads of adders up in the Cairngorms just over a week ago, in fact so many you had to be very careful where you stepped... or sat!
Didn't see any 2 headed ones though.

Cheers,

Pango.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE