tv

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
I see we have a new series of 'help I'm trapped in bear grylls show get me out of here' starting tonight,

does anyone actually watch these?

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Its usually on when I'm at my parents, along with X factor, Pop idol, and worst of all Big Brother. actually of them all, I do prefer "Im a C list celebrity get me out of here!" Ive got to admit it IS more entertaining than the other god awful shows.

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Err... No actually.

I have never heard of most of the 'celebs' who seem to be on but when they appear on TV afterwards I'd rather they had left them there in the jungle (or is it actually the back terrace of a hotel on a tropical island?

Sorry,
I must not be so cynical.

Not my cup of tea.
Cheers,
Steve

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I watched one of these shows at a mate's house while his teenage kids were rapt and didn't recognise anyone. Then the ads came on and there was a picture of a mountain. "That's Pen Y Fan", I said - closely followed by derision.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Never watch stuff like that..... totally hate it along with soaps, big brother, x-factor etc etc. it's utter mind numbing drivel as far as I'm concerned.

Luckily the little wifey agrees with most..... apart from strictly come dancing and luckily she Sky + it and watches it when I'm out :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`m going to make a special exception this year and try to watch a few when I can. It`s only becuase Dani Behr is on it and I used to fancy the pants off her when she was on The Word in the early 90s.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
In December it will be 13 years since I owned a television. :red: :D :D

well with all the video sites and tv channel sites you mainly can get away without one. not sure if itv.com or iplayer count as watching telly.

do you still get hassle off the license people no believing you?

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
CD,When my Mrs died I sold the house with all it's contents including the goggle-box, and moved aboard my boat so any Suits with clipboards have a hard time finding me anyway now....:D

This is a laptop and I rent the occasional dvd from the library at £3 a shot, but that youtube thing doesn't work on this laptop, all I get is a little wirlygig that says 'loading' for about 15 minutes then the screen throws a wobbly and goes off..so it's dvd's only....::)

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
sorry about the missus but glad that you're still happy. :)

how do you get online then as it could either be a bandwidth issue or simply that you havent got a flash player installed.

do you do the 'I dont have to pay full council tax because my boats only got a futon' routine?

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Programmes like 'I'm a Celebrity...' and 'Big Brother', where the contestants are constantly being monitored and watched, remind me of that classic pub conversation: 'Would you rather have all your actions broadcast on TV, or all your thoughts broadcast on radio?'

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Im a celebrity continuall;y disappoints me. One team has a luxury camp, the others camp is sleeping on the ground. And Im thinking "hey they can make little camp beds, this would great" ......But nobody took the initiative to build a bed off the floor.....

There is palm fronds everywhere and Im thinking "well they could weave a nice mat with that or something. .....Nobody weaving nothing.

And they ate all their food rations and are wondering what to do tommorrow. You know, If I was on one of those shows Id sneak off and go live on my own. And Id put scorpions in killwoy-silks bed. What a jumped up little chauvanist he is.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
years ago me and a mate applied for shipwrecked as we were both into survival and thought that if joanna lumley could do then so could we.

when we got the production sheets we were gutted to find out what it was later to turn out to be - one giant waste of time.

shame really as the show would have been great - on the shark island the girls are complaining over the lack of foundation and the boys have run out of gel, meanwhile on the old fogey island dave and ray have invented the bamboo fridge but are having difficulties getting beer to put in it :)

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
Im a celebrity continuall;y disappoints me. One team has a luxury camp, the others camp is sleeping on the ground. And Im thinking "hey they can make little camp beds, this would great" ......But nobody took the initiative to build a bed off the floor.....

There is palm fronds everywhere and Im thinking "well they could weave a nice mat with that or something. .....Nobody weaving nothing.

And they ate all their food rations and are wondering what to do tommorrow. You know, If I was on one of those shows Id sneak off and go live on my own. And Id put scorpions in killwoy-silks bed. What a jumped up little chauvanist he is.

There was one of the previous entrants being interviewed who was saying she was amazed that anybody could say they were bored in there as you can just wander off. She said she used to go and catch little crayfish-type things (she gave them a name but I can't remember it at the mo'). You would imagine anyone with half a brain would, as soon as they signed up to go on such a program, at the very least watch some of Rays progs or even get themselves on an intensive Survival course. It does seem there is no excuse for being miserable.

And, no I don't watch it.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
sorry about the missus but glad that you're still happy. :)

how do you get online then as it could either be a bandwidth issue or simply that you havent got a flash player installed.

do you do the 'I dont have to pay full council tax because my boats only got a futon' routine?

:) Just got back, been out in the boonies for 3 days ( but it's a tent and airbed for me, wet the first night, but it's nice to get away from the "Party People" here in the marina though...
CrazyDave, This laptop has a thing called a modem, like a little plastic thing the size of a fag packet stuck in the side. I can get on line but if I try to watch you tube or any moving picture or video like BBC news video it runs for 3 seconds, stops for a few minutes, runs a couple of seconds then stops again. If I keep trying a little sign of 2 tvs with a red cross on them comes up at the bottom of the screen and I have to reconnect.Not a problem though I'm happy with the dvd's from what I saw of the tv at my daughters house it's crap anyway..:)

Council tax..what's that? just kiddin'. People who live on house boats or those that are permanently moored pay the tax but my boat is a seagoing home, here for a few months then gone voyaging for a year or two. I'm told the marina fee scales in a percentage towards the tax which the council gets, but nothing like I used to pay living ashore. In 5 months I'll be gone again so the council seem happy with the percentage. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE