Which TV shows would you do?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Following from a recent thread about a TV show which none of us had any interest in doing...(apart from me if I'd get paid £10 mil)
Are there any of the sort of survival (or otherwise) TV shows that would be tempting for any of you lot to go on?

If you want to add caveats then thats fine... for instance if it meant you'd do it if you knew you weren't going to be set up by producers who pick a few obviously abrasive folk to join in, or those sorts of things.

I mentioned Bear Grylls the island which has interested me before, I think I like it because its a group activity as opposed to a competition, there is no tactical voting or kicking people out or whatever...

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
Following from a recent thread about a TV show which none of us had any interest in doing...(apart from me if I'd get paid £10 mil)
Are there any of the sort of survival (or otherwise) TV shows that would be tempting for any of you lot to go on?

If you want to add caveats then thats fine... for instance if it meant you'd do it if you knew you weren't going to be set up by producers who pick a few obviously abrasive folk to join in, or those sorts of things.

I mentioned Bear Grylls the island which has interested me before, I think I like it because its a group activity as opposed to a competition, there is no tactical voting or kicking people out or whatever...
i guess some folk have the price, yet not for me
Not ''Naked Attraction'' But I'd try Naked and Afraid if there where to be a UK series started and yes trips abroad not here.
Cheers
i see some-one else that has their price
None.
That was nice and easy.
i see someone else like i, can-not be bought

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
I'd do one of those shows where you get to try heritage crafts/skills,
Watched one recently where a bunch got to do stone carving, wood carving, decorative plaster work(begins with P but can't remember ), black smithing too.

Wouldn't mind doing something like wartime farm either.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
It isn't about cash or being a TV showcase it's about learning off other's with different skill's no pun intended and trust me I would be studying what they were teaching not what or not they were wearing.
And learning is about whether you want to try to get more knowledge.

Reactions: Decacraft

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
It isn't about cash or being a TV showcase it's about learning off other's with different skill's

one does not have to be on a television show to gain knowledge

for gaining knowledge there are plenty of books many converted to electronic formats, videos, forums, libraries online and offline, websites, knowledgeable-folk and much-more in their area for same topics as one [1] wants to gain knowledge

case-in-point

this forum with vast amount of knowledge and very helpful and friendly folk

Last edited:

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Castaway, particularly if they set it in New Zealand like they did for the 2007 series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allison McKenzie

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
10,000BC.
Not with the moaning softies that have no idea how to to live with limited resources..but with real men/woman who have a genuine passion for pre history.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
If they televised a group of people taking a bushcraft course then that would be fine. Similar to the old Lofty Wiseman programs. Probably not exciting enough for telly now.

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
For all its over acting and obvious inclusion of personalities that were going to come into Conflict , I actually somewhat enjoyed the rather staged ' The Colony' - if you take the P.A scenario it was just an interesting mix of castaway and scrapheap challenge seeing how people could McGuyver some scrap into something potentially useful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
i guess some folk have the price, yet not for me

i see some-one else that has their price

i see someone else like i, can-not be bought

Hahaha, for £ten million I'd be able to retire from "normal life", become more philanthropic, make sure my family were financially clear and get out to make more of a positive impact to the world than just existing on the pretty selfish plain of existence that we all exist on...and for what? A few hours of me running about in the nuddy trying to find a dockleaf is a small ask. More specifically however, things like BG the island is a lot more interesting to me for the reasons above, its not a gameshow/competition amongst competitors, its a chance to put yourself into a difficult situation with others and survive/or prosper and perhaps learn things about yourself that you didn't know/apply skills that you'd perhaps thrown into the back of your brains under stairs cupboard, all without the b*tchyness associated with reality TV game shows.

All that being said, those sorts of survival, learning shows are related to my interests...if you asked me to go on big brother for 10mil, I'd decline.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
For all its over acting and obvious inclusion of personalities that were going to come into Conflict , I actually somewhat enjoyed the rather staged ' The Colony' - if you take the P.A scenario it was just an interesting mix of castaway and scrapheap challenge seeing how people could McGuyver some scrap into something potentially useful.

Did watch both seasons, need more of the participants and less expert nonsense about virus and pandemics.
A third season was planned but never came to fruition.

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE