Titanium pots & fire...

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I can't say I've ever used it on a open fire but I can highly recomend Evernew non stick titanium stuff. Not sure if any one stocks it in the UK but I get mine from the US in lieu of cash when sending kit to mates over there..

It's very light and easy to keep clean, they do a small handleless (comes with pan lifter which I think is Ti as well) frying pan that makes a excellent deep sided plate and nests in another fry pan with folding handles.

They do a whole range of sizes, the biggest I have is about 6 pints, which is as big as I'll ever need.

http://www.evernewamerica.com

No connection with the company of course but one happy bunny of a customer. When I had a question for them they got me a answer from their design team in Japan within a couple of days.

'Picked up a jumbo sized plastic Light my Fire spork to use for stiring and serving to help preserve the non stick and going to get Sea to Summit folding ti table knife so I don't have to use something with a real edge for eating with.

Tom

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
Do you mean its still insulated but with the handle removed there is an air bridge, allowing pressure changes which will stop and dangerous situations arising?

The reason I ask is more to keep a drink warm etc and for safety rather than actually using the doubled walled cup as a pot/cooking vessel.

Liam

Oh and great post Bimble, i def did not know about the actual benifits of titanium versus steel and alluminium which it seems are quiet minor.

The handle was spot welded to the outer wall of the mug - i dremmelled it off leaving the outer wall (and therefore the vacuum) undamaged. The only reason for this was ease of storage - I usually hold double wall mugs by the side, not the handle, anyway as they never get very hot. I only use it as a mug, NEVER a cooking pot (hence nesting it in the billy). Hope this clarifies.

Dom.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE