Light weight wood stove for bbq/campfire/stewing etc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
In the past I have used a plastic bottle which I wrapped in an old gauze bandage which in turn was coated in some silicone sealant I had left over. Flexible but could take rough handling. Now my meths bottle goes inside my volcano stove so its well protected.

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Mad I have
A vango folding gas stove (fits inside a half litre kettle)
An emergency solid fuel stove
A meths stove
A humungeous homemade frontier stove type thing (for the tipi )

How many methods do I need seriously

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
Yeah quite right. One can never have enuf methods for making COFFEE not tea
Kinda like firelighting matches lighter flint
Kapok tinder
Jute tinder
Barbecue firelighters

dragon32

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2014
Banbury, Oxfordshire
Hi Tallywacker,
If your interested, I have the pdf of the plans for "Nimblewills Nomad stove". You simply print out the plans, stick to your chosen metal (or alloy) and then cut and drill round the lines. Its my next project. You can enlarge the pictures if you want a larger version. PM me with your email address and I will send them to you.

Don

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Having a lid does kinda help

I tend to to use those barbecue firelighter blocks I do have a meths burner but don't use it that often always worried I'll wake up and find meths all over everything. ( not good with the morning ciggy )

Get yourself some bio-ethanol and that meths smell will be a thing of the past even if you do spill it :)

Podcast Bob

An interesting challenge and target you have set yourself there.

Of course I'm going to promote the Honey/Hive and the features it offers. The grill which comes with it will certainly hold 3 pans and the shape does help to keep the main heat in the centre and the lower heat at the four corners.

However as an option to give you more surface area for pans and BBQ, which not leave the large grill and replace it with the compact folding grill? Inexpensive price and as you can see in the photos it sits over a Hive stove.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE