****ting in a bush

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I have a feeling the official stance is that you take a plastic container (cylander and screw top) to store any excrement and then take it with you...

This is what is advised to hikers on Dartmoor anyway!

Sparrowhawk

Sep 8, 2010
Huddersfield
There's no way I'm packing out my poop! It's perfectly natural, as natural as the earth I bury it in.
I dig a wee hole, bab in it, then bury it. Then I burn my loo paper, as it will not biodegrade. Then I WASH MY HANDS!
And 100 metres from away from water is overkill; the ground will neutralise and filter out all nasties within a few metres of your poo site.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
There's no way I'm packing out my poop! It's perfectly natural, as natural as the earth I bury it in.
I dig a wee hole, bab in it, then bury it. Then I burn my loo paper, as it will not biodegrade. Then I WASH MY HANDS!
And 100 metres from away from water is overkill; the ground will neutralise and filter out all nasties within a few metres of your poo site.

The problem isn't you dude, its you times a thousand, look at the cairngorm poo project as an example, lots of chaps dropping steamer on the massif was/is causing a lot of problems for local flora and forna.

Ape_Ogre

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2010
Southport, UK
I don't know how many of your have heard of similar stories but many years ago a friend of mine had just joined the army and it was his first time in the woods with them and he needed a dump, so off he went, dropped his keks and went, turned around and there was nothing... he looked all over trying to find it, terrified as to where it had gone, but could find nothing. (Of course one of the other squaddies had crept up behind him and placed a shovel underneath and taken it away!)

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I don't know how many of your have heard of similar stories but many years ago a friend of mine had just joined the army and it was his first time in the woods with them and he needed a dump, so off he went, dropped his keks and went, turned around and there was nothing... he looked all over trying to find it, terrified as to where it had gone, but could find nothing. (Of course one of the other squaddies had crept up behind him and placed a shovel underneath and taken it away!)

He he.

I would've got some rabbit guts and put them in its place. That would freak him out. :rofl:

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
always pack some toliet paper, if not for wiping your prosterior then, tinder, wiping up general mess, improvised bandages.

i had to do the old bear grylls in the woods for a month and a half, didnt realy put much thought into it, just bury and burn.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
On a three day camp or less, "biscuits Brown" is the answer. One pack a day will cure any need to go.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire

I heard about that 30 yrs ago,think the original prankster was in the Boer war..:lmao:

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk

In the tank regiments everyone wore overalls (do they still?). If it wasn't behind you check in your overalls before you pull them back up :)

Broch

Guzzi Goose

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2011
London
The trouble with Biscuits Brown AB is when you do go you really do go producing something of gigantic proportions.

I was in Germany attached to a Yeomanry Troop when one by one we had to disappear on a "shovel recce" everyone came back with stories of how big it was ,how you had to walk away as you were doing it etc.

One of the last men back said "you've got to see what i've just produced" so of course we all bimbled along to have a look at his T**d , it was enormous a coil about a foot high , we marveled at it the diameter was impressive but it must have been a yard long............

Then someone noticed it varied in colour and bore along it's length..........it turned out Trooper X had found the piles of disturbed earth /unburied poo left by dug them up and moulded them into a superT*rd .........

Still it's better than the bloke next to you opening his bergan to reveal a plastic bag swollen up like a balloon holding a deposit from left in there since last month...

baz p

Nov 16, 2010
manchester
i heard that wiping your A**e with nettle leaves is the best code of practice..........(chuckle,chuckle)

only kidding people, anyway this is a "S**t" subject, :O)

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
Many years ago when i was in the army i went for one in full NBC kit during an excercise. I removed my hood and my pants as you do. Went back to my kip without my mask and hood and about 4.30 in the AM we heard heard "Gas! Gas! Gas!). I awoke and put on my respirator - wheres my hood? i legged it out to where i had been and found i had done the deed on the hood. I did suffer when the CS gas (used as a chemical attack sim) hit us - but better that than head covered in crap!

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
i agree...just crank it out. unless your crapping through someones letter box, there are VERY similar types of poop in the woods...be it badger, fox, bird, deer, rabbit or whatever that are likely to cause offence to someone or something. just try and b mindful not to do it on a pathway or major high street...that tends to upset people! it'll breakdown really quickly anyway. BUT do burn your loo roll...not a nice thing to leave behind...

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
i agree...just crank it out. unless your crapping through someones letter box, there are VERY similar types of poop in the woods...be it badger, fox, bird, deer, rabbit or whatever that are likely to cause offence to someone or something. just try and b mindful not to do it on a pathway or major high street...that tends to upset people! it'll breakdown really quickly anyway. BUT do burn your loo roll...not a nice thing to leave behind...

haha poo,.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE