Tilley lamp info needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I think yours is a Vapalux 21C.

Hi Martyn,

I think the '21C' is the WD/MOD number for the lantern. I think the Vapalux designation was M1

I believe the WD / MOD didn't like the revised globe shape of the Bialaddin 310 so asked for a modified frame to accept a 'standard' shaped globe ( as I guess they had a heap of the older style globes on store room shelves) So the M1 features most of the running gear of a Bialaddin 310 with a modified frame...( are you asleep yet??). Interestingly enough looks like the WD/MOD were right and now the 310 globes are no longer produced / available but you can get an adaptor plate to convert a 310 to a standard globe....

As you say they are cracking lanterns and I'd rather have 1 Vapalux / Bialaddin that 20 Tilleys or even a moden coleman.

Cheers

John

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Thats great Thanks for the tutorial very timely for me
I have just been given a Bialaddin lamp which I am collecting tomorrow
It need some tlc but that should be part of the fun
I expect to be referring to this thread a fair bit

Just an update
eventually got some paraffin and fired mine up it needed a couple of primes with meths then off she went like a good un
Felt a strange urge to fire it up again later last night I hope this isnt the start of some new obsession to join knives,axes stove,torches,rucksacks
lol
Thanks again

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
hiya johnny boy

now then just a bought (read 3 month ago) one of these

http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/s...oleman-duel-fuel-2-mantle-lantern-230832.html

now then my question is were would i get a reflector from because i want to use it to read with and such like in the house

drew

Hello Drew,

Congratulations on the coleman purchase... Ok I'd start by talking with Basecamp

http://www.base-camp.co.uk/

I'm sure they might be able to help.... A quick look on Coleman's website will give you the coleman part number you need that will help a lot....

Cheers

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE