The Wilderness Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
Yep, am planning a family holiday in the New Forest for that very week and what a coincidence that the Wilderness Gathering is a stone's throw away :)

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
I've booked a Camp craft course that starts on the sunday. Hrm wonder how long it takes to get from Wiltshire to East Sussex anyone got any ideas. I'm thinking best bet is to drive but theres the problem I dont. Think ill get some of my family to drive there see if i can get them interested in bushcraft.

Does anyone know how much goes on like courses etc on the sunday is it alot or do people mainly pack up and tidy away.

Mitch

leon-1

MitchelHicks said:
I've booked a Camp craft course that starts on the sunday. Hrm wonder how long it takes to get from Wiltshire to East Sussex anyone got any ideas. I'm thinking best bet is to drive but theres the problem I dont. Think ill get some of my family to drive there see if i can get them interested in bushcraft.

Does anyone know how much goes on like courses etc on the sunday is it alot or do people mainly pack up and tidy away.

Mitch

Normaly there are still things running at around 4 - 5 PM, but that is dependant upon the instructors.

It may be worth getting in touch with Roger Harrington (he's one of the organisers of the Wilderness Gathering and runs Bison Bushcraft) about how long it takes to get there from Sussex as this is where he comes up from. I know he is currently quite busy, but if you drop him an E-Mail he will probably get back to you.

I hope this is of help,

Leon:)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I shall be there agaiin this year. I'll have the Iron Age forge and sharpening kit to wow the crowds :cool: :D

I'm going to very few shows this year, but this one was so much fun last time that i just had to go again! :)

I know Roger has some new plans for this year, so I don't know what the courses are doing on sunday. I think there is talk of runnin the courses on friday? Certainly Friday is a full day just like the weekend were before, so for those of us working there we have to get there a bit earlier than before :rolleyes: Not that I mind though! :)

I think Everybody on BCUK should come alonog, it's going to be great!

that reminds me, I must return that form. :eek:

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
It's like buses, you wait ages and three come along at once! The wilderness gathering, a european bowyers meet in Bulgaria and the singlespeed world championships are in Scotland all on that weekend!! And I probably won't be able to get the time off to go to any of them :( .

leon-1

Right, I have sent Roger an e-mail, I know he is busy at the moment so don't expect a response in the thread straight away, but hopefully he will find the time to answer some of the questions asked in open forum and behind the PM door.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE