the wilderness gathering- whos going??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
who can make it this year?

ill be there, hopefully for most of the weekend helping out with fishes hunter catapult stall.

as usual i will be dressed to impress and in my full bushcrafting outfit, if you cant handle my style then tough!

B3483494-FEDF-87A0-EE01C2E9C7B7BF86.jpg

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Really hoped to make it this year but with a one year old baby in tow, not easy. Plus I'm dead skint!

Next year and bushmoot too...

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
im looking to make this one this year

have to admit though each year it seems to become more of a sellers market

still despite that the atmosphere in the woods and other campers is great i may just go for the atmosphere and not worry about courses this year

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
im looking to make this one this year

have to admit though each year it seems to become more of a sellers market

still despite that the atmosphere in the woods and other campers is great i may just go for the atmosphere and not worry about courses this year

Well thats part of it buddy lol, its a bushcraft bonanza last year was excellent, a good mixture of everything IMO its basically a British Rendezvous (google it) a chance to stock up, sell and learn i look forward to seeing anyone thats going from here, ill have my left trouser leg rolled up and my right nipple showing, ready for the funny hand shake (errr) ;)

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
I willl definately be there but have yet to arrange how I am getting there :S Not easy if coming from scotland and unable to drive :( I dont think my wee bike is up to the trip either.
But hell or high water I will be there :) and looking forward to it

a train to frome would probably be your best bet mate, you know anyone who can sort you a lift?

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
Well thats part of it buddy lol, its a bushcraft bonanza last year was excellent, a good mixture of everything IMO its basically a British Rendezvous (google it) a chance to stock up, sell and learn i look forward to seeing anyone thats going from here, ill have my left trouser leg rolled up and my right nipple showing, ready for the funny hand shake (errr) ;)

gf is undecided at the moment - can you remember if we can use the lake there as we are considering poping a canoe on the car ?

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex

gf is undecided at the moment - can you remember if we can use the lake there as we are considering poping a canoe on the car ?

thing is i do pretty much have all the kit i want and need now (my gf will say too much) the only thing missing is a really good knife and sheath but as this barmy knife law in the uk im reluctant o pay out for something that has to sit in a drawer.

recently went camping and could of really done with a knife to quickly make up some feather sticks for fire however as i pretty much always leave knife at home (if you get caught with one out you can face hell in the courts)so had to scrabble around for tinder which wasnt a big drama but feather sticks would of been quicker and mmore ellegent

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
got it sorted mate, im getting a lift from frome on the friday was able to get a couple of weekend tickets lol, cheers anyway dude, looking forward to seeing you there.
Lucky beggar. Saturday is definitely the only day I can do, Friday's off the menu and I'm doing ferret racing up at Martin Clunes' place all day on the Sunday.
Even if it is only one day at WG it will be great to put some faces to names/avatars up there though.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
getting closer now! does anyone know what courses and things will definitely be going on there?
is anyone on here in charge of any of the courses?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE