The old Britishblades forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
VPN rich, VPN.

It was through TorGuard, and only to see what was occurring regarding the scandal, I got a message saying You have been banned twice Nice65. That was my BB username, but not there, it seemed a bit gleeful so I left it at that.

BB was the best UK knife forum because like BCUK it started before YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook etc. The Internet forums were the beginning of social media, you could find people with similar interests easily and I have good mates I still get out with or am in touch with to this to this day, creating loads of other bank account shattering interests like stoves, bags, tents, hammocks, clothing, torches etc :D @Diamond Dave (need a meet mate), Stew, Beachlover, lots of good people. It had all the makers and characters sharing stuff, Stu M, Russell White, Shing, grumpy and bolshy Farid who’d cop a strop if you even looked at his knives the wrong way :D, Danzo, Mojo and the rest, that metallurgist nutter Zackerty who always said he’d never make another Serrata but still does. You know, the sort of forum where people made an effort and posted pics and information of work in progress, organised passarounds of knives rather than YouTube and Amazon links and enjoying a cheap pint in Wetherspoons sort of thing.

I must get a Serrata one day, I’ve been hovering for about 12 years. :)

Last edited:

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
I see the tongue in cheek... :)
Sorry to go off track...

THIS batch is REALLY the last...it was started in 2017 and still a few left, as most of those folk that "booked" a knife or two, pulled out...:(

It was 115 blanks in total, not my usual 12 to 16 at a time.
I am still paying off the making costs.
Lost my job along the way, and my body is old and falling apart.
Affected my personal life, and I am selling off personal stuff, including my wife's car.

Not all fun and games. Not at all.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Sorry to go off track...

THIS batch is REALLY the last...it was started in 2017 and still a few left, as most of those folk that "booked" a knife or two, pulled out...:(

Affected my personal life, and I am selling off personal stuff, including my wife's car.

I know mate, it’s in good humour, and a nod to you and the persistence of the Serrata over the years. Affectionate banter.

It is not the destiny of the custom knife producer to become wealthy through his product unfortunately, many a genius has become poor as a result. All the best fella, stay in touch.

numbersix

Mar 26, 2009
Ontario
I joined in 2008. Been away from the knives for a few years since I moved to Canada. Just started getting the workshop going so went to BB for some inspiration to find it gone. Shame. Had some good times in there. Really enjoyed the knife progress shots that people posted.
I still use a torch given to me by ZDP189 when I joined

Reactions: Billy-o and stevec

leealanr

Apr 17, 2006
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Sorry to go off track...

But I still ha e the Serrata you made me and love it... best slicy thing ever... damaged it if you remember in Jordan on some incredibly tough desertwood.. it is slightly reprofiled... but the edge!

leealanr

Apr 17, 2006
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The makers I really wanted to own, and still do are a Shing, Owen Bush, Stuart Mitchell (got one), and Guy Stainthorp. I do need a sheaf for the Stuart Mitchell knife at some point.
Got several from Stu and Shing.... both wonderful makers. Would have loved one from Owen and Guy as well.... just never get to use any of them now apary from my Shing pocket knife qhixh is my EDC and also my Longstrider.... now there ia a name ro conjure with! Alan L.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I joined BB end of 2005, start of 2006. It really was a very good place to be. Had no side to it, no pretence. Still know a bunch of people from then ... fifteen plus years ago.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Fantastic thread this. Brought back many happy memories. I was pretty silent on BB but still have many wonderful sharp shiny things from there, which I unwrap and fondle from time to time. Haha. And I learned so much, that was the thing for me, it was such a wonderful place to read, think and learn stuff from many people who were so generous with their time and knowledge.

Reactions: Redhand Jack

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
A blast from the past

image.jpg

Reactions: ANDYLASER

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE