The old Britishblades forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
A blast from the past

image.jpg
I really want one of those :)

Reactions: mikehill

YEOLDOAK

Jun 28, 2015
uk
Was a frequent visitor to BB forum, learned so much from the many
threads, IR Bailey did a few picture threads on his knife making,
I would study his pics on how he made leather sheaths, then go away
source bits and have a go. Basemetal did some hill walks with pics,
there was a bit of everything, I loved it and miss it greatly for what it
gave from so many.

AndyH

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2008
Shetland
I was on BB as Templogin. I remember one of my first statements "I can't see why anyone would need more than one folder and one fixed blade". Oh how smart I thought I was!

When BB died I went to see what EM was all about, but you needed to hand over some dosh just to get through the door so I decided that I could manage without. I didn't need any more than a box of knives anyway. BB was a great resource with some great people on there.

I had some regrets on BB. I sold a CF/Ti scaled and damacus bladed Shing folder that I should have kept. I sold two Michael Morris friction folders. I have since replaced them. Russell White made me a lovely bufallo horn folder. One day I came home and found it on the table with the spring bar snapped. I sent it to him to have it fixed, but he must have been too ill by that stage and I didn't get it back. I bought a stag handled two blade from Taylors Eye Witness, but it never has replaced the other knife. I also sold another fantastic friction folder, the maker I can't remember. Orange handled with a thick black blade. I bought a dog lead from Essexman and I still haven't bought the matching dog!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You might stir up Edged Tools :)
Post some threads; educate folks about variety beyond 'bushcraft' practical, iimmc ?

Boss won't mind; he was long term member of BB too.
I think we all miss BB.

Reactions: Ahjno and Essexman

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
I was present on BB under a different nom de net, I recall it being fraught with disagreements, some of which were quite nasty & personal. I wasn't involved I hasten to add.

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
I remember a heck of a lot of knowledge, some superb craftsmanship, and an awful lot of enduring friendships
I didn't mean to suggest otherwise, I just always found it fraught with tension. My experience may have been comparatively limited!

Reactions: Essexman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE