The old Britishblades forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
There was occasional tension but you see it in all forums at some point. At the time, there were less social media options so the quantity of people there was more concentrated which probably pushed things.

There were some interesting threads that you could class as tension - someone faking being in a plane crash, someone faking that there were people making fake woodlore knives, someone faking a knife snapping (photos and all), someone faking being attacked by a mountain lion, someone faking that they had died!

Diamond Dave

Mar 2, 2006
Ilkeston
There was occasional tension but you see it in all forums at some point. At the time, there were less social media options so the quantity of people there was more concentrated which probably pushed things.

There were some interesting threads that you could class as tension - someone faking being in a plane crash, someone faking that there were people making fake woodlore knives, someone faking a knife snapping (photos and all), someone faking being attacked by a mountain lion, someone faking that they had died!
Aah….the good old days…..I miss the regular spat between Martin and Danzo……magic times

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Think I remember that one, or perhaps was another. Got arrested for a SAK (medium sized, non locking), and the police officer apparently didn't like the cork screw.

Reactions: homesicksteve

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
Think I remember that one, or perhaps was another. Got arrested for a SAK (medium sized, non locking), and the police officer apparently didn't like the cork screw.
I remember the corkscrew one.

Also the UKPK seized at I think the construction entrance to one of the Olympic sites?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ha ha, BB reminiscing !!
Was a mod on there from late 2003 for years, Martyn helped me out a lot with advice when I was new to forums. BB was a great forum and it is a shame that it went to the wall. Some very good people on there. Martyn and Danzo were both mods on here for a while.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Whatever happened to Mojofilter and his great big grinder. (not a euphamism)
I always enjoyed the weekly installments of “Mojo cuts stuff” :headbang:
He’s still about. Not on the forums, but was at a recent camp out at The Lakes. I couldn’t make that one, but I hope the fires were lit with thermite as they were at a previous meet, a decade ago, where I left my Oztent poles after packing up in a storm.

He got on a train in Glasgow with my poles and came all the way down the country to West Sussex for a weekend. :beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE