The kit gathering forum

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've about 35 foot by 25 foot of space with open beams all the way up to store stuff and work in.
Tom

I'll see your floor and raise you three brick built barns, one brick built still room, all with power and light, one garage, two greenhouses, one gun room, one store room.

We are thinking of adding a storage shed :eek:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I'll see your floor and raise you three brick built barns, one brick built still room, all with power and light, one garage, two greenhouses, one gun room, one store room.

We are thinking of adding a storage shed :eek:

OK, OK, you win again. In a few years I'll get three more rooms when the lads leave home and once the condemned giant chicken shed is converted into fire wood for the scouts I'm thinking of building a small forge up there and a bread oven.

still got to finish restoring he house first, snif.

:rolleyes:

Atb

Tom

PS by the by the roof finally fixed and the Shed does have central heating so at least my tools no longer rust when I turn my back on them!

Last edited:

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Until I started getting into Bushcraft/camping I had a very cool converted attic room. I used it as a computer/hobby room. It looked like something out of an Ikea display. Now it is an unusable junk room full of must have items that rarely get used ie tents, sleeping bags and camping furniture.

I aim to reduce this kit by two thirds before the end of the year though.

Everyone tells you to buy right and buy once. Sadly we never take any notice of that advice do we?

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I dont keep it - I almost feel like I rent the stuff - it passes through my hands so quick - if it cant be carried in my bag and hasn't seen a reasonable amount of use since i got it it moves on...

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I'm in the same league as British Red!
One garage, three sheds, a paddock of big bits and every room in the house affected in some way or other!

Ogri the trog

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Also known as "stuff expands to fit the space available". We recently discussed whether two chainsaws and two saw benches were enough....never mind the 20 cubic metres of sawn stacked firewood. The more self reliant you want / need to be the more space it takes (as you know OTT)

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
All my kit was strewn all over the place. Now it's all neatly packed in four bergans ready to go as I need it.

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
Naturally, i carry all my kit about my person ,at all times to be in a constant state of preparedness for when the zombies come....
Although my wife claims that some overspill items may have been strategically cached in the shed ,the garage ,the backroom, the loft ,my car , her car,the trailer ,the landrover ,the canoe, my mums house....

Currently i store my kit in
1 my parents garage
2 my old room in my parents house
3 the shed in our old house(clear it on sunday)
4 the garage in the new house oh yeah man cave finally mine :0

eventually it will all end up in just my garage but i need to have a sort out of stuff

expect a kit sale extravaganza soonish......

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
by the by the roof finally fixed and the Shed does have central heating so at least my tools no longer rust when I turn my back on them!

I think you win on the heating - I'm very jealous of a centrally heated shed !

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I think you win on the heating - I'm very jealous of a centrally heated shed !

I must admit it makes my basically armchair bushcrafting rather comfortable.

Not strictly crafty but today we did rip the cladding off the giant chicken shed and collapse it to the ground so it can be safely disassembled. None of the woods worth keeping sadly, still desperate for some elm and oak for some little projects. Looks like I will have to actually buy some, the horror, horror!

atb

tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers but the only ash I'll be needing would be 8 foot lengths to make a couple of spear shafts, and we haven't even got the head and ferrule for our would be thegn yet! Thanks for the offer anyroad!

Im still after replicating some of the wooden hearth tinder, candle and salt boxes I've seen and got to measure. There's a nice pub church warden rack in the Rawtenstal Museum I'd like to copy as well, all nice simple nailed construction.

atb

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
My neighbour has some of those ged - uses them for storage. His are painted dark green and have a hedge round. Surprisingly unobtrusive.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE