The ideal place to be.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
J

Jamie

I was just wondering where everyones favourite place would be if they had the time, money and, dare I say it, permission from the other half!?

Dave Farrant

Forager
Apr 16, 2003
Lancashire
I don't think it would be so much where, as with whom, I would like to be.
Anywhere with some good freinds, round a campfire and stories to relive of the days adventures. That is what I would call Ideal.

larry the spark

Forager
Dec 16, 2003
Belfast
I loved the lakes and forests of Finland though very 'samey' for miles around, and I adore the Highlands of Scotland but my dream destination would be the Rocky Mountains or the forests and mountains of New Zealand methinks. One day, one day...

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
For living, I would pick the upper peninsula of Michigan, for sheer wilderness beauty, western Montana and British Columbia although I also love Finland, especially the Punkaharju area.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's not the desert you guys are on about but I love Canadian winters, the tundra etc... Peaceful and clean. I did three winters out there and loved them. Now I just wish I had the dosh to go back!!

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I'd go for British Columbia/Yukon/Alaska.

When my boys are old enough, we'll be out there with gold pan and fishing rod!

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
there are so many places i'd like to go. some places i have already been, i just wish i had the knowledge i have now back then. :-? :cool:

the idea of the yukon holds a special magic for me.

mostly i'd like to win the lottery and go and visit a load of friends around the world, to see what their local playgrounds look like. :cool:

cheers, and.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
Viking said:
Lapland, I was there this summer and hopefully going back this summer. A more peaceful an beatiful place is hard to find.

I'll be there this time next week and I'm greatly looking forward to it. Prior to this the furthest north I ventured into Sweden was Stockholm.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Praires of Alberta or even better the mountians around Banff or wainwright - in other words Canada!

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
My ideal place is the countryside around Oban in Scotland. Oban also contains the finest independant backpacker hostal it has been my pleasure to stay in.

I would dearly love to see some of the wild places of Canada and New Zealand. not very likely, but there's always the lottery...

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Milton Park Wood in Dorset.

This woodland has everything!........if you are into woodlands that is!

The woodland gives off a wonderful aura. It is loaded with history and you can trace it’s land use and it’d landowners from the Saxon period right up to the 21st century. It has some wonderful examples of tree fashions throughout the century’s and you can still see them and touch them and carve your name in them like people have done for generations. You can get lost in there and it is a Bushmans dream. Like most woodlands you can free the it’s romance and smell it’s history and you can forget all your problems........................

Jack

Powderburn

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2004
Michigan, USA
sargey said:
there are so many places i'd like to go.

mostly i'd like to win the lottery and go and visit a load of friends around the world, to see what their local playgrounds look like. :cool:
What Andy said! I've made so many friends around the world and want to share a campfire with all of them in their ideal places. :uu: :cool:

A few favourite places, given the chance....

The Vaynol Arms, Llanberis pass - supping Guinness and swapping lies with departed friends, followed by sitting under the stars watching the satellites pass over while handing round a bottle of single malt....

The Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire - just watching the deer and the birds

Then again, I want to visit Canada. Hudson Bay in June.....

Roger

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE