*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Nice offer, I've got a head like that guy from beetlejuice but the hat is still too small for me. Someone will love that though!

On offer black leather (suede) Australian Bush hat, has a shapable brim and is waterproof so excellent for rainy days.
It is a size small.

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
Couple more pictures

hat2.jpg

hat3.jpg

On offer black leather (suede) Australian Bush hat, has a shapable brim and is waterproof so excellent for rainy days.
It is a size small.

I'll leave it a bit before I dig out summat else, as it is a good hat :)

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
Still not gone

It is a size small.

Ach weel, I'll post something else up at luchtime if this is going to be too small for people.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
Ok I'll offer
a small (tea caddy just under 10cm diameter) billy with coathanger bail containing a Tatonka burner with pot stand and simmer ring. It also has a bit of foil that I used as a windscreen but its seen better days. The legs on the pot stand have been bent in a bit so that the billy will fit. The whole lot has been used less than 10 times. Simmer ring never seen action:eek:

DSCF2917sm.jpg

DSCF2918sm.jpg

DSCF2919sm.jpg

DSCF2920sm.jpg

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
trekkingnut - at the point that you asked yes.
I have since had a PM about taking this but I feel that as trekkingnut asked first he should get first refusal. Do you want it?

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
im sorry, i was out in the woods, fair dos to whomever pm'd you first, they took the initiative therefore tis theres! thanks for asking anyway.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I think the first post starting the thread states that you have to post in the thread to say you want it.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Are you allowed to take stuff by PM? I thought you had to post in the thread so that everyone could see who takes it first....

I think the first post starting the thread states that you have to post in the thread to say you want it.

I agree, I think it should be given to trekkingnut

These are the rules how the gift-it-on thread operates

•Original person offers a gift
•Person 1 posts in the thread that they would like it
•I mail it to Person 1
•Person 1 offers a gift
•Person 2 posts in the thread that they would like it
•Person 1 mails it to Person 2
•and so on....

With regards to Trekkingnut, as you can see, he actually didn't say yes please, he'd like it.

is that still up for grabs?

So if the rules were to be strictly enforced as they are laid down technically Grebby's gift is still up for grabs as no one has yet to post IN the thread that they would like it.

Maybe this ought to be suspended until Graham (G4HB), a moderator or Grebby has a chance to make a decision as to exactly what happens.

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
Kev, I have no idea :confused:

Mesquite, your not helping:p

If any mods want to decide either way thats fine by me, or say that Mesquite is technically correct and no-one has claimed it yet.

My plan is to give trekkingnut a bit to respond and if he doesn't then gsfgaz can have it.

Cheers

Grebby

Edited to add.

Blimy it's difficult giving stuff away:togo:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE