*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Whoa whoa whoa. :nono:
If you remember the first swap was a stainless trowel.:cool:
Everyone seems to think you have to put something costly up. The idea of the thread was to get rid of surplus stuff you have lying about. I've cheated a few times and made something to put up here. As long as no one is waiting to grab something awesome and then come back with a bit of useless tat the thread should keep moving. As has just been said "one mans meat is another mans poison".
Just my opinion but lets not make the thread into something it's not
:notworthy By the way thanks to g4ghb for starting this thread #1540 posts ago :notworthy :35:
Wish I was about 12 years old (must have been the last time I was a 34" waist) :lmao::lmao::lmao:

on offer either
A brand new copy of Loren Christianson's 'Fighters Fact Book'
see http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fighters-Fac.../dp/1880336375

Or

A pair of Regatta zip of walking trousers 34/31 but I think they are smaller. And a pair of lightweight trainers like this but with a red stripe. These are brand new size 39 (or 6). Great for a tent shoe or just bumming about in general!

Last edited:

marooned

Settler
Jul 25, 2010
Somerset
First aid kit arrived, many thanks!

on offer either

Or

A pair of Regatta zip of walking trousers 34/31 but I think they are smaller. And a pair of lightweight trainers like this but with a red stripe. These are brand new size 39 (or 6). Great for a tent shoe or just bumming about in general!

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I can't believe I couldn't find this thread again after reading it and missed out!

the name did change a tad at the start of the year - we couldn't be living in 2010 forever could we!?

I think rimmers offer is ace (see what I did there.....
ashamed053611282jy0.gif
) I think it will only be a matter of time till a slimmer bushcrafter with smaller feet then me comes along and nabs the offer -hold on in there and don't feel bullied, that was never the intention of the thread!!!

on offer either

Or

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Sorry, been doing the tax return all weekend. No-one wants these items I shall post something new up as soon as I get home!

keep your chin up ace. i have been very close to going for the fight book, but i have too many books on martial arts and fighting as it is. and i want to wait for something i really need. whatever you post next will be right up someones street. keep the faith buddy :D

Biker

I just read the synopsis of that book. Looks interesting. Seem the author works at the University of Kent, where I worked in maintenance for 15 years. As an interesting little factoid here part of the Cornwallis complex of office buildings collapsed after the Victorian railway tunnel below it gave way. Before the tunnel gave way the building began sagging and carpenters were assigned jobs going in there easing jammed doors and window no one could account for them sticking again the next day.

I'm wondering if this excerpt of the book that I just read is based on those events? Could be the spark that got the fire going.

Anyway nice offer. never occured to me to offer books outside of Bushcraft as a gift it on.

Current offer from Ace Rimmer is: This book - The End of Mr Y

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Hate to say it, but I don't think this non bushcrafty offering idea will work as well.

I'm inclined to agree. The current situation where the item on offer is of little interest to the majority will be repeated and the thread will stall again and again.

If anyone cares to look back over past offerings they will discover that 'bushcrafty' in the context of the 'Gift-It-On' thread covers a suprisingly broad range of items. If a person does not have something even remotely bushcrafty to gift on , perhaps they should refrain from claiming an item in the first place.

wolflore

Tenderfoot
Jun 1, 2005
Twickenham
People keep moaning about it but not taking it. Either put up or shut up I say!

I'll take the End of Mr Y book please. Synopsis actually looks just like a brew I would fancy ;)

In return I offer a Petzl head torch. It is an older bulb type with the battery pack on the back of the band. I'm not sure of the status of the bulb but will, as I'm a nice fella, add in a new set of batteries! If the bulb has gone I will also try and find a new one to replace it!

There now, back on track me thinks. Hopefully that'll stop the moaners ;)

Now relax, have a brew and let the good times wash over you!

Once again, on offer: head torch.

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
I've a 'disco' blue Sigg water bottle and a hexi stove up for grabs. (sigg bottle, gift, used once, not my thing.) Pics up later I'm off for a walk.

Edit: i'll take the headtorch please.

sigg.jpg

Last edited:

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I'll take that please... I have a whistle, compass, striker waterproof match case (brand new) to offer.
ItemPic_WhistleCompass-big.jpg

plus a segmented dry powder dispenser (with 4 compartments) - I use one for tea, coffee, sugar etc. (originally designed for formulae but I have two and they come in useful)

Like this but clear, not blue
51UKsMIBmzL._AA280_.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE