*The* Gift-It-On Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hammock gone to Biker

Thenkyoop.

What no takers for the Spokeshave or the mess tin and canteen?

Well I'd hate to be the one that had this thread stall since it was going along so well, so I'll see what else I can get together instead and post it tonight.

Incidently you don't need to shave spokes with that tool as it's a great little all rounder woodworking too that peels a fag paper thin cuts on internal and external surfaces and would finish a whittled spoon off luverly. You can use it in conjuction with a drawknife on push and pull strokes too.

Starting to feel just a leettle pressurised here to come up with something blindingly brilliant to offer when I thought what I had wasn't half bad actually. :togo:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Starting to feel just a leettle pressurised here to come up with something blindingly brilliant to offer when I thought what I had wasn't half bad actually. :togo:

It is a very good offer mate, I like it. Sadly I'm no woodworker and it would be better off in someone elses (more skilled) hands.

apj1974

Nomad
Nov 17, 2009
Lancashire. UK
www.apj.org.uk

Its a good offer , but perhaps you should chuck in an original "Betty" or even some of your *ahem* under the counter versions too
Hmmm Betty and Kylie - now there's a thought!

Latest offer is Biker's Spokeshave or the mess tin and canteen

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Don't Panic mate!! - its a great offer! give it time mate, be patient:grouphug:

Latest offer is Biker's Spokeshave or the mess tin and canteen

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... the mess tin and canteen? ...

Me Please - if it hasn't gone whilst I'm typing :cool:

If it hasn't, I'll offer up a used (but looked after) Harri Meramaa 'WoodsKnife Wood grouse'

woodknife4L.jpg

pic borrowed from moonraker knives

EDIT - on offer to those who are 18 or older

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
That's a top offer Phil, I'd love one of those but have a surpus of knives at the minute so I'll leave it for someone else. The spokeshave was a great offer as well Biker, but if it had been a draw knife I would have snapped your hand off. I'm sure it will serve Phil well...

Edit; That'll teach me for not reading things through, I meant the mess tin and canteen will serve Phil well. Ahem...

Biker

Canteen and mess tin to Decorum.

Beeyootifukl knife there mate. I'd seriously consider snapping up that myself just because it's so pretty. But I'll let others take the chance on owning it.

g4ghb, yup ya did tell me, thanks for the slap upside the head. Hope I can return the favour sometime hehehehehee. I was going to put this option up if they didn't go. Never occured to me to offer my ahem artwork

Books.jpg

I had a 5 year contract with a publisher and was given some freebie copies of the two 60 page pin-up books they'd printed. I'd have happily heaved those at someone. Maybe lateras this thread unfolds I'll add it, we'll see. Over 18's only though. Sorry kids.

Sasquatch. I have 3 drawknifes sitting on my workbench in the basement. Who knows what could happen here.

Just a general question, but just how many goes at this can we have? I mean had I really liked that knife could I have asked for it without too many people getting the major pi$$ offs?

So just to recap Decorum is having a major case of idiocy and willing to part with his
Harri Meramaa wood grouse knife

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I have to say, i'm feeling the love for this thread, I have collected some really good bits of kit that just don't see the light of day because of changes in the way i do things when out and about or wood working, and this is the perfect way to pass them onto someone who will really appreciate them(I hope). Again another big pat on the back for you g4ghb, I really like the way it works and so impressed at the gifts offerd.

I shouldn't many people would object to however many goes we had as there is allway some thing cool offerd in return, if it wasn't for the fact I have a couple of sokeshave allready I would have been punching the keys through my typey thing to get it.

Southey.

Offerd by decorum

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Canteen and mess tin to Decorum.

Cheers, I'll drop you a PM in a moment or two :cool:

Just a general question, but just how many goes at this can we have? I mean had I really liked that knife could I have asked for it without too many people getting the major pi$$ offs?

I'm sure that there's no limit. I don't think that there'd be an issue with you having the knife - but, as it's his thread, I think it'd be better for G4 to make the call :dunno:

... So just to recap Decorum is having a major case of idiocy and willing to part with his

I'll put the offer on hold for Biker - pending G4's decision

EDIT:

Knife goes to Biker :cool:

Last edited:

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
request what you like - as often as you like!!! - no limit as long as you will offer something to someone else

and remember there should be no feelings of inadequacy / cheapness - its not a 'red paperclip' exercise!!!!!

Offerd by decorum
Harri Meramaa wood grouse knife (got it right this time!
halosmileybf2.gif
)

apj1974

Nomad
Nov 17, 2009
Lancashire. UK
www.apj.org.uk
I'm sure that there's no limit. I don't think that there'd be an issue with you having the knife - but, as it's his thread, I think it'd be better for G4 to make the call :dunno:

Edited: as g4 responded at same time as me (that always happens to me) anyway my original twopence was:

My feeling would be that as long as everyone is fair and gives chance for others to respond and not snap up everything offered, I see no problem how many go's people have.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
g4ghb, yup ya did tell me, thanks for the slap upside the head. Hope I can return the favour sometime hehehehehee.

you are welcome mate! - could I request you use 'Jenny'
ashamed053611282jy0.gif

Books.jpg

Offerd by decorum
Harri Meramaa wood grouse knife - on hold for Biker

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
request what you like - as often as you like!!! - no limit as long as you will offer something to someone else

and remember there should be no feelings of inadequacy / cheapness - its not a 'red paperclip' exercise!!!!!

Thanks for the confirmation goodjob

If he would still like it the Harri Meramaa wood grouse knife will be going to Biker - (EDIT) now going to Biker.

Last edited:

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Ooooooo the agony of choice!

on offer from Biker spokeshave and sign OR two of Biker's pin-up books (to over 18's only)

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
I'd love to have the pin up books, but my wife would be slapping me up side the head if I said yes ..... :pokenest::twak::twak::twak:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE