The changing seasons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Its that morning mist and chill, the jeweled grass and cobwebs, the small crops of mushrooms peeking through everywhere (especially shaggy ink cap) the fat rosehips and the enticing sloes. being able to wear my jacket against the chill and walk without boiling to death :D the sunrises and sunsets are all tinged with orange and red all the crops are in and the fields are tilled ready to last the winter.
do love autumn. i know there's an apple tree with my name on it this weekend too. little late but its a late developer ;) the fires last longer at night and you can be at peace in the quiet darkness.

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi folks

this is my first thread on the bushcraft web sight.

I am about to go on my first wild camp out with my new kit, (thanks to all member for the tips and advice on kit)
Autumn has always been one of my favourite times of year, when I used to climb there were definite advantageous, first off no midges and cool enough to walk with a full pack and do some hill walking.
As you say sun rise and a crisp new day has a beauty of its own and that might be one of the reasons I have decided to take up bushcraft as my knees are to shot for climbing.

antzy

Sep 8, 2010
Dorset
This is my favourite too. We live in Dorset which can get quite busy in the Summer. Come the Autumn, things quieten down somewhat (locals say the only visitors now are the nearly dead and the newly wed).

Now we can enjoy the beaches and countryside. Hedges are full of berries, apples a plenty, mushrooms also.

Whats more I caught a cracking couple of Bass last night which I am about to tuck into.

This is the time of plenty - time to stock up ready for the lean cold times ahead.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Buttermere_.jpg

Need I say more?

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Wayland I would love a some high res pictures for my desktop, I admire your photography.

Back on subject, my fav time of year is when there is 2 foot of snow. I call it quattro season =)

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
what a cracking morning! dew on everything, slight mist in the air mushrooms by the billion! never seen so many in my life, they've everywhere.
wish i could just go walkabout in it rather then work :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE