the 69 million dollar question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Home made ginger nuts dipped in melted maya gold chocolate :D
Or better yet, oatmeal honey crisps (thin, crispy oatmeal and honey biscuits) :D

Bourbons ??? :yuck: they're as bad as chocolate eclairs :shudder:

M

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Anyway what about tunnocks caramel logs , definitely not logs and taste great with a cup of tea.

Craig..........

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
What makes a nice cuppa nicer?
What makes a cuppa complete?
Gray Dunn caramel wafers,
Make a cuppa go down a treat!

t2805.gif

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Home made ginger nuts dipped in melted maya gold chocolate :D
Or better yet, oatmeal honey crisps (thin, crispy oatmeal and honey biscuits) :D

Bourbons ??? :yuck: they're as bad as chocolate eclairs :shudder:

M

Chocolate eclairs mmmmm

Bourbon - yuck!

How can you not like choux pastry??

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Will agree with the fig rolls - only not in the woods! I often find that once I open a packet, they are so moorish, that the packet soon gets consumed. I'm sure we are all aware of the effects of that :rofl:

So in the woods, I'd go with good old Rich Tea - a drink's too wet without one :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Chocolate eclairs mmmmm

Bourbon - yuck!

How can you not like choux pastry??

eggy :yuck:
I actually meant those wee sweeties with the horrid surprise inside though.

I like my sweet things simple :)

Tunnock's factory is the next village along; we joke that you can tell what day of the week it is by the smell wafting through Uddingston. Toasted coconut, caramel boiling, hot melted chocolate, thon funny white mallow filling for the teacakes......a caramel wafer is hard to beat with a mug of tea :D

cheers,
M

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Biscuits, brown, are biscuits that are bloody browned off.
Tell me, boys, have you any complaints?

Nope, forshop-bought stuff, you can't beat Garibaldis, no matter how bit a stick you cut from the hedgerow.

Now, home made, my mum used to make some excellent cookies with oatmeal flakes and golden syrup...

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Lets give it a twist shall we? Would you make one choice in cold weather and a different one in warm? Or would they be the same?

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Can't beat some flapjack! I tend to add bits and pieces like desiccated coconut, mixed nuts and often substitute muesli for plain oats. In my last batch I even added peanut butter (actually I think it was almond butter). My niece found a recipe using condensed milk. Oh that was good!

Always suits a cup of tea.

Claudiasboris

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I've just remembered chocolate covered malted milk biscuits, went through nearly a whole pack sitting in front of a fire with a cuppa. King of biscuits, you can poke your bourbons and the pansy custard creams!

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
No one has mentioned McVitie Boasters?! :confused::eek:

Maryland Chocolate Chip are acceptable in a pinch.

Also anyone else tried Hairy Bikers Flapjacks... (though they call them Chewy Cranberry & Apricot Bites)

Made with apple juice, maple syrup, dried cranberries, dried apricots, sultanas, dessicated coconut, flaked almonds, porridge oats and rice krispies.

They are seriously moreish

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE