tent recommendations please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I'm looking for a GOOD quality tent it has to be 2 man and have preferably a small porch but not essential.As usual it must pack into nothing and weigh as close to nothing as possible.Also it must have an inner that I can fit into lenght wise,at least 6 foot 6 inches.Price is not too important but not very expensive.
It will be used set up with the entrance under a tarp and only used for sleeping in so it doesn't need to be too tall.
Anybody have any ideas?

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
The terra nova range,and saunders tents offer everything your looking for. I made the mistake of buying a coleman in the summer, nuff said.

Rob

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
G, i got the one man tent, i was looking for ultra light, but its a real faff to put up, and it felt claustrophobic, i've a hooped bivvi which does'nt feel that way. I was looking for something more main stream to use on a commercial site, as part of a long walk, but it was fiddly to put up, and offerd me little space benefit.

Rob

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
cool , Rob..dont get me wrong thr terranova is the dog's i've always wanted one but they out of ma price range .. i just love tent's ...

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Terra Nova. I appreciate they are expensive but, British made and great customer service. I've had a voyager model for over ten years - so good value!

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I have also got a terra nova, the quaser i think, its nearly 20yrs old, lost the fly, and had a replacement made, and the zip has now gone, but a bullet proof tent, just bloody heavy !.

I keep looking at the saunders range.

Rob

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Hi Sapper

Have you had a look at the Vaude tents ,I have an older Hogan and found mine to pretty bomb proof they also do long version of some of their models.
also I see alot of peeps Have mentioned the Teranova range of tents I have a wild country tent by Teranova had it for years cant knock it either up graded to the Vaude for space.

Scott

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
Terra Nova Ultra Quasar is light (lighter than the older versions) and ticks all your boxes, although very expensive, as are Hilleberg. I'm saving up for one myself.

You don't mention bomb-proof in your required attributes. If 4 season stability is not on your agenda the Wild Country Trisar at less than half the price would do the tick. Vaude also look very tempting but I've never had one.

NS

Oct 25, 2009
Stranraer
I bought a Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 and found it a great tent and not too pricey at around £270, very light and robust with it, I have not used it in winter, I use a Mountain Hardwear Trango 2 which is bomb proof but near double the price and weight.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
I have a mountain equipment Helios, a cracking tent, four season, bomb proof, spacious, but at £500 + it's a tad expensive. I have had it about 3 years now an i think the new model is the Helios 2, a bit cheaper as well !

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE