tent recommendations please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 22, 2006
uk
the golite little tipi's are great, taller than you may want, but v light, packable, and extremely comfy.
Their one possible downfall is no porch, so if you're using the tarp (this is what I do) you'll be sorted.

cheers

Morning Fox

Forager
Sep 30, 2008
Reigate
My new tent the Vango Banshee seems to fit the bill and I would highly recommend it, the only downside is you can't sit up straight in it but not a big problem if like you say its just for sleeping in.

I found it on the web for £60

Banshee.JPG

packs down small and light and is very good quality too

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I have a Hex 3 and bug nest insert, now called the Golite Shangri-la 3 and highly recommend it. loads of room for two, very light, pitches faster than a tarp and hammock.

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
I've got a Hilleberg Nallo 3 which I really like. Sets up very quick, weighs only 2.4kg, has enough space inside for 3 (sporty) guys and a versatile porch, big enough to fit 3 men gear. I also use it when we're with 2 (unless we're hammocking/tarping) which makes it nice and roomy :) The 2 person version weighs only a bit less, but if you don't want to use it with 3 anyway...
I'm not sure it would tick the 'not very expensive' box though, I got mine with about 40% discount so didn't hesitate, apart from the model choice...

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
As I and a few others have said - Terra Nova Voyager is great. There appears to be a real bargain in the classifieds at the moment - £60!!! seems to need one patch but, tremendous bargain.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Thanks for all your replies I've had a look around and settled on one.It is a small 3 man or large 3 man tent ,it pitches either as one or inner first ,it has a reasonable porch and isn't too heavy.I wanted it to fit the front end under a tarp and just be used as a sleeping area for me and two kids,for this reason the size and shape of the porch was important as I didnt want it to stick under the tarp too much and yet it needed to be of a shape that would allow the tarp to sit over it and still keep the front of the tent dry.I settled on a vango tempest 300.

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
Good choice mate, Vango make very good tents at affordable prices,I'm sure the kids will love your set up with the tarp and all, great idea, happy camping,

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
We've used the tarp and tent set up a couple of times and find it is ideal with the kids as they have a huge area under the tarp but still have the security of a closed room at night.As they get older they'll learn that there really isn't anything in the woods to hurt them.Even if there was ,a tent wouldn't be any help .But I dont tell them that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE