SWC knife order.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Hello there, I am going to order a knife from Steven Wade Cox but before I do I would like to ask for a little help from the forum.
I am aware of how busy he is and how long email reply's can take to come back. I have seen a photo on his website of a knife with hilt scales that I really like but i'm not sure what the timber is so I'm asking for help to identify the timber.
I am not a full member so I cant upload a photo here either. Here is a link to his page and its the 10th picture down.
http://swc-handmade-knives.com/CUSTOMERS-KNIVES

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help but I will be gratefull if anyone can.

Regards, Mart.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hello Mart , have you taken a look at the 8th Thread ( sticky ) on this page?

Named;-
The knife handle material Encyclopedia (75+ pics)

Don't know what the wood in SWC is , but maybe the encylo can help??

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
My guess would be fiddle back maple with no stain finish? I would go for a tapered tang as well, that is one thing all my bushcraft blades lack. It seems to be a very desireable addition.
Good luck with the knife quest, cheers!

leon-1

No.10 from my count is zebrawood :confused:

Not Zebrawood, I have loads of it here and none of it looks like that.

My guess would be fiddle back maple with no stain finish? I would go for a tapered tang as well, that is one thing all my bushcraft blades lack. It seems to be a very desireable addition.
Good luck with the knife quest, cheers!

Maple would be my best guess as well.

I think either Hoodoo or Schwert have posted an axe made by Lee Reeves on here with fiddleback maple, but Lee Reeves's site talks about "Curly Maple".

Check it out and see what you think.

mart

Forager
Apr 6, 2008
cumbria
Thanks for the replies everyone, I know it takes steven ages to answer so i'm trying to get sorted to make it as simple as poss. He has on his website that his order book clsoes today for this year. His knives are worth the wait though.

Thanks, Mart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE