survivors

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilan

Nomad
Feb 14, 2006
bromley kent uk
Does any one remember a series on tv about a group of people who survived after an illness wiped out most of the population seemed to remember it was about a woman looking for her son who was in a different part of the country at boarding school . ?

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
ilan said:
Does any one remember a series on tv about a group of people who survived after an illness wiped out most of the population seemed to remember it was about a woman looking for her son who was in a different part of the country at boarding school . ?
Was that the one where the survivors were stuck in a train in a tunnel, or am I thinking of something else................Jon

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Jon Pickett said:
Was that the one where the survivors were stuck in a train in a tunnel, or am I thinking of something else................Jon

Nah, that was the last train...

Dont get me started on the "Survivors" TV Series...I live in the scenery, and have worked or been to most of the places in series one...

Also have all three series on DVD

LS

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
British Red said:
Ilan,

Bob Meades has a fan site and forum here

http://pages.zdnet.com/bobmeades/index.html

Did anyone else fancy Lucy Fleming (played the lead character Jenny)?

Anyway - its all out on DVD as LS says if you fancy a bit of comfort TV :)

Red

Also a real heap of info at this site...

http://www.survivorstvseries.com/

LS

And yes, Lucy Fleming AKA Jenny Richards was sooo hot, but there again I was just 12 when the series was first screened...

15cfwj6.jpg

Picture copyright from www.survivorstvseries.com

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Just about remember it as a kid,well I remembered the opening credits really,bought the 1st and 2 series last year,hope to get the 3rd in the next month or two,fantastic series the likes and quality we will not see again.And no your not on your own Lucy was a nice lookin girl for sure!

ilan

Nomad
Feb 14, 2006
bromley kent uk
Hi did not realise it was so well followed or even that it was on dvd , must start saving up for the set lol . Strange i remembet the bit about ergmont? fungus in the wheat any other useful bits in it ?

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
ilan said:
Hi did not realise it was so well followed or even that it was on dvd , must start saving up for the set lol . Strange i remembet the bit about ergmont? fungus in the wheat any other useful bits in it ?

In what way do you mean useful?

LS

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Jon Pickett said:
Cor, I was way off the mark :lmao:
When was survivors on, I don't remember it................Jon

First shown in 1975 series one
1976 series two
1977 series three

LS

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Phil562 said:
Wow I remember that series now ;)

I'll have to go begging to Red or LS for a viewing of their DVD's :p

Phil, Are you a member of your local library? you can "borrow" them from there and you get them for a month at a time, I think they let you have one or two disks at a time. They cost me about £60 per set, so don't let them outa the house very often...

LS

Culicoidis

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2005
Wiltshire
ilan said:

It could be you mean ergot fungus, contaminates grains, it looks like black flecks growing from the grains. It contains a number of toxins the main one being ergotamine, it has an effect on nerves and muscles, St Vitus Dance may have originally been caused by ergot poisoning. It is not a pleasant way to go, though in purified form in low concentrations as with most things in nature it is used as a medicine.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
ludlowsurvivors said:
First shown in 1975 series one
1976 series two
1977 series three

LS
Back in the days when it was worth watching tv, I'm surprised I don't remember it, how did it compare with the likes of monkey, blakes 7, dukes of hazzard, mash, hong kong phooey, etc..............Jon

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Jon Pickett said:
Back in the days when it was worth watching tv, I'm surprised I don't remember it, how did it compare with the likes of monkey, blakes 7, dukes of hazzard, mash, hong kong phooey, etc..............Jon

Jon, it was on thursday evenings between 8:10 and 9pm, the others IMHO do not come any where near it, It was very much an experiment in filming in those days, on location with Outside Broadcast cameras, was very hard work, most 50 minute episodes took no more than two weeks to do, and some of the scenes were filmed within minutes of them learning the script.

LS

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Jon,

As good as MASH - better than the rest!

ilan - all sorts of intersting stuff - methane powered engines etc. Mostly just good old fashioned escapism though. I always thought the theme tune was a masterpiece - truly haunting - up there with the Robin Hood theme by Clannad

If anyone (else) likes post apocalyptic stuff like The Last Train and Survivors, I heartily endorse a modern take on the Pandemic disaster - a book calls "There Falls No Shadow" by David Crossley - if you liked Survivors you'll love this one...

Its available from Amazon, but save yourself a couple of quid and buy direct from the author at:

www.tfns.co.uk (tell him Red sent you :))

Red

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
ludlowsurvivors said:
Jon, it was on thursday evenings between 8:10 and 9pm, the others IMHO do not come any where near it, It was very much an experiment in filming in those days, on location with Outside Broadcast cameras, was very hard work, most 50 minute episodes took no more than two weeks to do, and some of the scenes were filmed within minutes of them learning the script.

LS
Well I was only 9 when it was first shown and had to watch what Dad wanted to watch, I still have Frank Bough and nationwide going round in my head..............Jon

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Jon Pickett said:
Well I was only 9 when it was first shown and had to watch what Dad wanted to watch, I still have Frank Bough and nationwide going round in my head..............Jon

Oh NOOOOO, Now I have that image, bring back the Lucy picture...

I guess it was what got me initially interested in learning my other hobby, that series has a lot to answer for...

I got to know about the series over three months before it was even advertised...Never got to meet the cast (though my Father did) but did meet one of the armourers and had quite a long chat with him...

LS

For those who remember the series, the Manor house they used from the mid episode in series one is about 5 miles from where I live...

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I was only 4 or 5 at the time but I remembered the theme tune,never knew what it was but the opening credits stuck in my head ever since I was a nipper!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE