survivors

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
ludlowsurvivors said:
Phil, Are you a member of your local library? you can "borrow" them from there and you get them for a month at a time, I think they let you have one or two disks at a time. They cost me about £60 per set, so don't let them outa the house very often...

LS

Thanks LS, you got me thinking,

SWMBO is a member of an internet based DVD hire site, had a look and they have all three series - so just added them to her hire queue :D

They'll have to wait till I've received Jack Hargreaves "Out of Town" series though ;)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Its worth a watch thats for sure, I've re-watched the BBC adaption of "Day of the Triffids" recently - that also stands the test of time!

Red

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
All this talk of Survivors and Triffids,any of you remember my alltime faverite childrens tv drama and book? Brendon Chase,damn did I love that tv programe as a nipper(still do) and wish they would release it on dvd.Only recently read the book about two years ago,its truly fantastic.Trust me when I say this you will not regret getting a copy out of your local libary!

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Jon Pickett said:
Cor, thats scary music, I would of been hiding behind the sofa before the programme had even started...........Jon

Great music, been with me for the last 30 years...Lol glad you liked it.

LS

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Jon good music huh?

Clem - I don't remember Brendon Chase, but I'll give it a go - do you have an ISBN and a quick run down what its about?

Red

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
British Red said:
Jon good music huh?

Clem - I don't remember Brendon Chase, but I'll give it a go - do you have an ISBN and a quick run down what its about?

Red
There are a few tinternet sites about Brendon chase,here is a link to the opening credtis my friend.The theme tune has been stuck in my brain ever since I watched the show as a kid,for years Ive whistled the tune!

http://www.tv-timewarp.co.uk/video_intros/index,htm

Cannot understand why the link does not work!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
ludlowsurvivors said:
Hi Clem,

Took a quick look and I don't recall seeing that one...looks interesting though.

LS
Yes, it does look interesting, and although I don't recall the name, the music rings bells.................Jon ding dong

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
This thread had me looking at Amazon, and I saw that the Tripods are also on sale. I remember loving this programme, just a shame they never tied the series up. Wouldn't it be great if they remade this series and did it properly?

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Cracking series, really enjoyed it. Survivors is one of the best TV series to come out of the 70's in my eyes.

Ian McCullough was really good in Zombie Flesh Eaters.

:yikes:

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
ludlowsurvivors said:
Hi Clem,

Took a quick look and I don't recall seeing that one...looks interesting though.

LS
Truly fantastic prog,would never be allowed today.Can you imagine the reaction today if children hunting deer with .22 rifles and living rough in a forest! It would never happen!

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Jon Pickett said:
Was that the one where the survivors were stuck in a train in a tunnel, or am I thinking of something else................Jon

Was that the one where someone was carrying around some chemical which froze them all in the train for about 14 years and they woke up in a post-apocalyptic world and kept clashing with the few survivors who had turned psycho. I remember that years back I really enjoyed that show.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
ScottC said:
Was that the one where someone was carrying around some chemical which froze them all in the train for about 14 years and they woke up in a post-apocalyptic world and kept clashing with the few survivors who had turned psycho. I remember that years back I really enjoyed that show.
I enjoyed it to, even though it was a bit daft. I seem to remember that all the roads had gone, but they managed to get that van to scotland, and why wern't those others pleased to see other humans ? Strange, but good viewing.............Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE