Summer is ending. What to do, what to do.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R-Tron 3108

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2014
Nottinghamshire
I'm currently in the process of moving house and can't wait to settle in and get the kids out into the garden building shelters and cook fires.
Is anybody else doing this?
What garden activities are keeping your kids engaged in the outdoors?

trade axe

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Western Canada
The wife and I are getting more evening fires\cook outs before the snow blocks everything....Crop stubble has made swinging nearly impossible in my best older coin field, so my metal detecting season is going out with a wimper.... I suppose that with leaf fall I can search for old bottles. I do a day romp and take a small pack with an Emberlit stove etc. I try to get my dirt time in through various hobbies\interests before the bitter cold sets in.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Summer has ended and as soon as I finish my dental surgery we're off to the Canary Islands for some sunshine, we'll deal with winter when we get back :)

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
There is the best parts of every season and every environ
But for me I don't think anywhere, at any time. Beats needing the warmth from the fire you are sitting around in a snow covered pine forest

:christmas2: :camping:

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
I'm looking forward to my trip to Norway to see friends in a winter wonderland hopefully, camping out in a forest with the heat from my frontier stove for 3 weeks in November, I know it's a bit early but I have started checking all my kit in preparation!!!!! can't wait :cool:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Still gathering in the late harvest and processing food. Got a load of wood to process when its a little cooler

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Buy?

BUY??

Surely thats a job for the missus to make?

I'm proud to say we haven't a purchased curtain in the house...BB makes them all. All good heavy upholstery fabrics with thermal linings.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Buy?

BUY??

Surely thats a job for the missus to make?

:lmao: Don't be daft. Even if she had the necessary skills and knowledge, she's always working. Even at home. The only housework that get's done is some token hoovering and dusting at five in the morning, and being so short she can only dust to about 5ft off the ground. At 6ft 2in the whole place still looks dusty so get's done again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE