Suffolk Bushcraft Group

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
i will be bringing some spare kit for sale or potential swap. i have an as new green maxpedition jumbo versipac, a maxped pouch as new but have written first aid on pouch top in felt tip, and an Msr 1100ml cooking pan which has never been used.

Last edited:

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Oh btw Carl... how many TacTies do you need for that bag of yours? I ask because I have an absurd number of 5" ties I don't use anymore since I switched to BlackHawk Speed Clips... and they're Khaki so they match your bag :)

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Oh btw Carl... how many TacTies do you need for that bag of yours? I ask because I have an absurd number of 5" ties I don't use anymore since I switched to BlackHawk Speed Clips... and they're Khaki so they match your bag :)
Hi SJStuart, one of my 12x5 water bottle holder's came yesterday,and a pack of 4 tacties 5" long. but if you have 4 you would like to swap or sell please bring them later, thanks carl

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Sorry I can't make this weekend.
BTW British Blades is having a hammerin at Ipswich (your mate Stu) on the 4th-5th May and was wondering if the Orchards was available?
Is there going to be a BCUK Suffolk meet that weekend (may see some other like minded peeps that want a camp)?

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Sorry I can't make this weekend.
BTW British Blades is having a hammerin at Ipswich (your mate Stu) on the 4th-5th May and was wondering if the Orchards was available?
Is there going to be a BCUK Suffolk meet that weekend (may see some other like minded peeps that want a camp)?

Yep I know Matts posted it, its at our workshop :) in Hadleigh, Thats the May meet, I ve yet to confirm the date with Alan, I am aming to get one of the forges that we now have, to one meetings as an activity :).

I am also as you can see aranging a day for the SBCG as well to make knife blades

How are you Keeping Kev.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Had a good night with the guys at Orchards last night... until my crappy tarp setup failed (my fault: flawed prussik knots, too few ground pegs... laziness, basically) giving me a very cold start to the morning.

I got home and immediately had to rush out to get the Mrs' car ready for a long trip tomorrow when I got a text from Paul saying "nice bag of **** lol". It appears I forgot to dispose of a bag of "Spanish Tizer"... so that's bloody embarrasing!

Wish I could've spent another night, though.

Great group right there :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Great weekend Guys, nice to spend some time as always, some very good bushy discussions as well :), Thank you for bringing the Maul Nick , it was very useful for splitting up the larger logs.

It was good to see meet Mike and Brad, two new guys to the group, Hope you enjoyed the time with us over the weekend, hope we see you again, weather was nice if a bit chilly in the evening,

Few of the Guys
DSC_0814.jpg

Nicks Tipi
DSC_0817.jpg

A couple of the Pits
DSC_0821.jpgDSC_0819.jpgDSC_0822.jpg

Spoon Carving, Kirklands First spoon, and Two I carved
DSC_0823.jpgDSC_0828.jpgDSC_0842.jpgDSC_0833.jpg

Around the Group Shelter, and general pics
DSC_0836.jpgDSC_0837.jpgDSC_0845.jpgDSC_0847.jpgDSC_0850.jpgDSC_0824.jpgDSC_0820.jpgDSC_0830.jpgDSC_0840.jpg

I have spoken to Alan and he is Interested in making it a monthly visit, I am going to email the dates for him to work out if they are ok :), see all you guys soon.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
After speaking to Alan this morning, I have requested the following dates for the monthly meets at Orchards, as the weather improves and it gets warmer, and the site gets busier I have emailed and asked for the following dates for our meets, I will confirm the details and the costs when I have them.

I am still aiming to keep the cost pppn down as low as I can, also the cost of the wood down, I will let you know what they are as and when I do.

May 3rd and 4th 2013
June 7th and 8th 2013
July 5th and 6th 2013
August 3rd and 4th
September 7th and 8th 2013

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Mrs has gone away until Tuesday visiting her family, and she's taken the kids... so I'm thinking of spending tomorrow night checking out a new patch of woodland a local farmer has given me permission to use. It's quite large (he tells me it's 18 acres) and apparently runs all the way up to the estuary. Great chance to get some fishing in too :)

Not 100% on whether I'll do it yet since I'll have to carry the Bergen on the VStrom, and add fishing gear (more weight)... but if I can figure out the best way to load up the bike without it being dangerously top-heavy, I'll post some pics and arrange a weekend sometime in the next few weeks :)

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Many thanks all for the weekend it was great fun. Once again many thanks to Big Stu for organising and cooking the stew - lovely grub.
Loved the spoon carving right up to the point of my handle snapping, ah well if at first you don't succeed try, try again. Those spoons Stu carved were lovely he made it look effortless and his tips and use of carving equipment were greatly appreciated. Nice to meet up with the regulars and meet some new faces.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE