Suffolk Bushcraft Group

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi SJStuart

TacTies. How many 5" and how many 3" are you looking for? Obviously they'll all be in Khaki because that's the only colour I use.

4 of each size please, if you could let me know what you would like for them. thanks carl

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Hi SJStuart

TacTies. How many 5" and how many 3" are you looking for? Obviously they'll all be in Khaki because that's the only colour I use.

4 of each size please, if you could let me know what you would like for them. thanks carl

I can provide. Don't worry about cost... you gave me plenty on the overnighter we did on my woodland :)

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
I can provide. Don't worry about cost... you gave me plenty on the overnighter we did on my woodland :)
Thanks, i will bring you a pair of welding gloves for your stove there used but fine. just have to find out when our next meet is, 3 weekends out and about, mite have to stay at home this weekend. later carl

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Karl,

Last night I made you your Tree Huggers last night, one end loop twice the size then the other as requested, also a Bishop Bag as per mine.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Karl,

Last night I made you your Tree Huggers last night, one end loop twice the size then the other as requested, also a Bishop Bag as per mine.
Thankyou kind sir, let me know how much iou:) just bought my last knife today, its a neck knife made by ian who made my other knives, its made from VG10 67 layers with a jabrock handle. thats it no more:rolleyes:. kirkland ive asked about getting more uk made damascus steel but it dont look as if we can get any at the mo, sorry. but ian has found someone that can make the same paten but he's waiting for a price. anyone out playing this weekend? later carl

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Thankyou kind sir, let me know how much iou:) just bought my last knife today, its a neck knife made by ian who made my other knives, its made from VG10 67 layers with a jabrock handle. thats it no more:rolleyes:. kirkland ive asked about getting more uk made damascus steel but it dont look as if we can get any at the mo, sorry. but ian has found someone that can make the same paten but he's waiting for a price. anyone out playing this weekend? later carl

I'm up for a night out this weekend. Got anywhere in mind or just a random woodland area?

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I'll be making charcoal this weekend (figure if I make a huge batch of it shaped correctly for the hand warmers, then I can give supplies to the group for free)

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi, just thought id ask. incase anyone was having a night under the star's, i have loads to do at home. but iv'e had 4 nights out, in the last 3 weeks and it would be a shame to brake the trend. but i have not finished sorting my kit out from last weekend yet. i was thinking about geting the canoe out and going for a paddle, but i think it's better to wait a little bit for the water to warm up incase i fall out again lol. carl

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I could do with going somewhere that isn't just pine trees. Ash trees would be ideal, but I have no idea of any woodland in Suffolk rich in ash trees. Ash trees make for good charcoal in my experience. Pine leaves sap and tar (mostly tar) in the bottom of the drum, and I've had more than a few of the holes clog with it.

Anyone know of any woodlands in Suffolk with at least a half-decent supply of ash trees?

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I will be meeting the guy with the Hand Warmers next week, so will get some more in, who else wants any? he is going to try try to get some Jack Pike Rods in as well, the price he will let me know,

I also have the following for sale.

I still have a number of stuff sacks @ £1.50 each various colours/sizes, without cord and cord clips.
Orange -
6" x 5"
8" x 5"
6" x 3.5"
Green
5" x 5"
Blue
7.5" x 9"
Red
6" x 7"
7.5" x 8"
Black
13" x 72
2013-04-09 10.29.08.jpg

Set of Tree Huggers 1" wide and 2m long, £6.00 per set
2013-04-09 10.28.26.jpg

Black Bishop bag 6"x 15" @ £7.00 (Shown with a hammock in with the krabs hanging out these are not included....)
2013-04-09 10.30.01.jpg

1 Black Ridge line Organiser £5.00
2013-04-09 10.32.27.jpg

I can make other sizes and and colours if required (have a wide selection of colours in stock), formats, ie round with flat bottom... will do a Single Tree Hugger to replace any breakages, or just for a spare to carry.

Images are for reference only, sizes are approximate, prices are + P&P

I also have Carbon Rods for Hand Warmers, I trailed them last weekend, not as good as Jack Pike, they need more effort to get to stay a light, I found if you get about 1/2" Glowing red, the shut the box, and blow through the end hole for about 1 min or so it stays alight... therefore a clearance price of £1.75 per box of 20 sticks.....

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have now arranged the Knife Blade Workshop, the date will be Sunday 19th May 2013, 9am to finish...or 6pm.

There will be a cost involved to cover Gas, Linishing Disc's, Electric ect... this cost is £15 per head.

All I am offering is the use of the Workshop and Equipment, use of all tools/Equipment will be at persons own risk, I am setting this up as I know that a few of the participating group members would like to make their own knife blades,

So get your old files in the fire at the next meet, or get you self some steel.... just remember there is more Handwork/Filing involved in working on a file to make a knife....have a think what sort of shape you would like your knife to be.

I those that would like to come can put their name down in the list I am trying to keep group numbers down, so it does not get crowded...

The list below is of those the have shown interest please amend and add, I am limiting it to 6 persons.

1. Rumcelt
2. Roman Soldier
3. Iambosscat
4. SJStuart

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
After speaking to Alan this morning, I have requested the following dates for the monthly meets at Orchards, as the weather improves and it gets warmer, and the site gets busier I have emailed and asked for the following dates for our meets, I will confirm the details and the costs when I have them.

I am still aiming to keep the cost pppn down as low as I can, also the cost of the wood down, I will let you know what they are as and when I do.

May 3rd and 4th 2013
June 7th and 8th 2013
July 5th and 6th 2013
August 3rd and 4th
September 7th and 8th 2013

I've just had a reply from Orchards... I am not impressed.... the only weekends he can do is August and September, he want numbers for those now, seeing that I spoke to his son on Friday about availabilities of those dates, and to him on Sunday morning about those dates, they have now become booked.....

I could see what Newbourne Woodland camp site has got but it £12 per head per night.. and I don't know their booking.... it makes it an expensive weekend.......... Personally I don't want to pay that.

After about an Hour on the phone phoning around, I think I may have found a new home near Bury St Edmunds... watch this space....its a camp site on a farm, that has a number of woods that can be used :).

Last edited:

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Hi Stu,

Good news re posibility of the campsite in Bury St, Edmunds. Can't make the knife workshop date unfortunatly. Please save me the ridge line organiser pouch and i will square up with you when i see you next.:)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Stu,

Good news re posibility of the campsite in Bury St, Edmunds. Can't make the knife workshop date unfortunatly. Please save me the ridge line organiser pouch and i will square up with you when i see you next.:)

Early days yet we will wait and see what happens, thats no problem, I will put it to one side, and bring it next time we meet,

Just got my 4x4 already, and guess what....... its been under the sewing Machine already, lol... put my normal Internal ridge line in :), was going to stitch on some side guys, but want to set it up before i decide where to place them or how many per side I'll work that out at the next meet....

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Bought an army began off ebay, it arrived today here is a pic
ma7ahuvu.jpg

Well I'm no expert but that looks more like a size 12 summer dress to me, I wonder how the lady is getting on with my Bergen on her night out lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE