Suffolk Bushcraft Group

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
This may sound weird, but do any of you guys happen to have post hole drills (be they power or manual), post setters, and any other tools useful for errecting a large fence?

I ask because I just got into a massive fight with my new (unwanted) neighbour after I caught them beating the everloving s**t out of my chickens. I want to make the borders clear to the neighbour so they know that the next time they won't just get me in their face, they'll be treated the way I treat all poachers and threats to my livestock!

P.S. If you want to exercise some of your aggressive demons, BigStu, they're a family of chavs and you're welcome to vent away at them :p

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
2 Nighter at Orchards for the 5th and 6th April 2013,

Weather is now getting warmer so a good one to Test and try new and old gear ready for the summer season.

Confirmed with Orchards. I thought it might be nice to get there on Friday night again as there will be more light as the clocks go forward - I am going straight from work, but arrival after midday is good.

All Welcome, Experienced, Newbies, Tree and Ground Dwellers.

http://www.orchardcampsite.co.uk/

The charge is £5 pppn.
There is wood that can be brought on site £7 per barrow - (cost divided amongst whole group) last time two barrows were used (£2 to £3).

There will be a Saturday Night Group Meal, Last time was a Beef Stew and Dumplings, cost of last time came to £3.00 each. (will try to keep to the same sort of cost...but that's down to how much it cost from the Supermarket....) - Of course you can cater yourself if you require.

There is a Toilet Block (showers and toilets), open and water is available from Taps on the site,

Of course Photo's and the Micky being taken is compulsory ....

And Fluffy Hot water bottles/slippers are welcome.....

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale so a meet can be a great place to get some kit..

Alan has said that there will be some other campers on site that weekend, we can use a canoe on the river if anyone would like to bring one to go for a paddle.

If you plan to attend, then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meal, and how many nights your staying.

If there is any activity you would like to do, just add it to the list, hopefully someone will be able to help, or you could show someone what to do.. :). I f I remember right someone did say they would like a go at spoon carving, so no doubt that will be on the list .

List of Attending
1. Big Stu -Group Meal - 2 nights
2. SJStuart - Friday Only
3. Rumcelt - Group Meal - 2 nights
4. Roman Soldier - Own Cater - 2 nights
5. Reamvi thantos -Group Meal - 2 nights
6. Mitch66 - Own cater -2 nights
7. Mikesmith777 - Group Meal - 1/2 nights
8. KIMBOKO - Friday night only.
9. Brad (millets colchester ) c/o roman -Group Meal? how many Nights?

Last edited:

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester

Weather is now getting warmer so a good one to Test and try new and old gear ready for the summer season.

Confirmed with Orchards. I thought it might be nice to get there on Friday night again as there will be more light as the clocks go forward - I am going straight from work, but arrival after midday is good.

The charge is £5 pppn.
There is wood that can be brought on site £7 per barrow - (cost divided amongst whole group) last time two barrows were used (£2 to £3).

There will be a Saturday Night Group Meal, Last time was a Beef Stew and Dumplings, cost of last time came to £3.00 each. (will try to keep to the same sort of cost...but that's down to how much it cost from the Supermarket....) - Of course you can cater yourself if you require.

There is a Toilet Block (showers and toilets), open and water is available from Taps on the site,

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale so a meet can be a great place to get some kit..

Alan has said that there will be some other campers on site that weekend, we can use a canoe on the river if anyone would like to bring one to go for a paddle.

If you plan to attend, then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meal, and how many nights your staying.

If there is any activity you would like to do, just add it to the list, hopefully someone will be able to help, or you could show someone what to do.. :). I f I remember right someone did say they would like a go at spoon carving, so no doubt that will be on the list .

List of Attending
9. Brad aka lonewolf Friday only

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
I bought a karrimor predator 45 without pouches in desert cam. If anyone has any spare let me know and bring them to the meet ta.
It'll do until I can afford the sabre.

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea

The charge is £5 pppn.

List of Attending

Don't know about testing gear for the summer, I think I will stick with my winter stuff for now thanks!!!

I can now confirm myself for Friday as well, I was wondering, what time will you guys be arriving, as I have no work for Friday I don't want to be too keen and be the first to arrive?

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

Confirmed with Orchards. I thought it might be nice to get there on Friday night again as there will be more light as the clocks go forward - Arrival after midday is good.

The charge is £5 pppn.

If there is any activity you would like to do, just add it to the list, hopefully someone will be able to help, or you could show someone what to do.. :). If I remember right someone did say they would like a go at spoon carving, so no doubt that will be on the list I am willing to show newbies to spooning how to do it...:D. (now I wait for the quips...)

List of Attending
7. Mikesmith777 - Group Meal - 2 nights

I also heard someone meantion that some Tarpology would be nice to do, if someones got some amsteel and knows how to make woopie slings that may well be a good activity to do as well. Come on guys let make the most of the time we have at a site, and have some suggestions and some activity leaders :):)

I will not be arriving until about 6 to 6:30, as I am working, but I would suggest that we use the middle area of the tree line in the center, if it is dry enough, its a better area, and trees have a better spacing for Hammocks, I would suggest that we try to make a correll, perhaps with a 2 x 4 formation of hammoks/tents with a fire in the middle.

Area to be used.jpg

Last edited:

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I have some (and I stress some) Amsteel left, possibly enough to make a pair of whoopie slings. I also have a kit I've put together specifically for working with Amsteel. Both have permenant residence in my pack, so I can do one, possibly two, demonstrations on whoopie sling production (and working with Amsteel in general).

The rest I have used already (much like my shotcord, the stuff goes fast).

Beyond that, what kind of things are people wanting to learn? There're some things I can cover, but it'd be good to know what the interested talking points are since that'll determine what I bring with me etc.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
I will do a couple of swedish fire stoves, logs permitting and bring the ghillie kettle in case anyone wants to try it.

And if anyone's got a bottle of JD I may do the dance of the flaming arseholes lol

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
I was unaware that they did the Predator 45 in Desert Camo (afaik Karrimor only did OD, Coyote Tan and Digital Multicam).

It's the PRI version made for Karrimor and issued to army apparently.

We will see, the bloke at the minute has someone else's Gmail PayPal linked to his ebay account so can't receive the payment, may be a technophobe lol

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Roman solider, I have a set of go side pockets for issue Bergen they any good?

Hi Dave, not sure I read that the curent plce pouches are compatible with karrimor sabre and predator, I'm too old to know about the new kit, do yours have quick release clips? If I can I will bring it to the next meet and we can test them then work a deal out ;)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have a predator 45 and it has the standard plce fittings on the side so issue rocket pockets should fit and the new karrimor ones do fit as I have them and the predator side pocket

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE