Suffolk Bushcraft Group

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Thanks for organising the weekend Stu. Had a great time with great company.
u6e2y7up.jpg
kirkland carving a giant sperm
tamuhegy.jpg

The offending item by the tree... Nice

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Gents, thanks for a great weekend.
Thank you Stuart for organizing such a good weekend and as a newbie, thank you all for making me feel most welcome and part of your group.
Hope to see you all at the next.

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Hi Toby, shame you couldn't make it mate still there will always be other times. My spoon wasn't quite fantastic, i have a way to go before approaching the skill level of Stu, he made it look effortless bless him. All the best.:)

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Must admit I was a bit miffed about having to leave during the spoon carving session. Still, always next time :)
well you've got your own mora now,have you used it yet? i will also bring mine to the next meet also see if i can make an egg cup :lmao:. when you bring your wood stove, could i have a go at lighting it please, think its a nice piece of kit and would like to see if i can get it up to steam, Did you find any spare tec tie's you would like to sell ? late carl

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Must admit I was a bit miffed about having to leave during the spoon carving session. Still, always next time :)

Always another time, I carry my crook knife with me and use it when I feel like it.. the only real way to learn is by doing it, like most things , and see what the guys on the ground are doing, most times I am out i do a bit of carving :)

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
well you've got your own mora now,have you used it yet? i will also bring mine to the next meet also see if i can make an egg cup :lmao:. when you bring your wood stove, could i have a go at lighting it please, think its a nice piece of kit and would like to see if i can get it up to steam, Did you find any spare tec tie's you would like to sell ? late carl

Sadly I haven't had time to play with the crook knife yet. I haven't had 5 minutes to myself since I got back (I was up working until 6AM, went to bed until 8AM then got back to work again... haven't really stopped). Hell, I haven't even repacked the Bergen properly yet (and I normally do that the minute I get back home)

You're welcome to take a crack at the Frontier Stove the next time I bring it along. I was hoping to get the opportunity to play with it tonight on a new bit of woodland, but looks like I'm going to be working all night again (oh what fun <sarcasm>)
Got loads of TacTies. How many 5" and how many 3" are you looking for? Obviously they'll all be in Khaki because that's the only colour I use.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Anyone in the Suffolk group wanting a Pat 58 Crucader bottle, with the plastic and metal cups, along with the OD green pouch for it all (complete with ALICE clips)?

No charge... free to a good home (so long as you can collect or I can drop off, dependant on distance of course)

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Nice offer Simon, i'm sure someone will be happy to give them a new home. i made time to get all my weekend kit unpacked and cleaned and re packed ready for the next outing. Going to use my tarp and hooped bivi sleeping cell next time and will re use my down sleeping bag as was quite chilly at the weekend and with my arctic coat on in the sleeping bag i felt like a tinned sardine lol. slapping lots of germaline on all the nicks and cuts i got from my pooon carving session. Sorted. Hopefully my bergen will be alot lighter this time as i have streamlined my kit. i would like to repay the compliment of food preparation for our next meet and was thinking about preparing and cooking ahead either a curry or a tagine style lamb dish if anyone would like to indulge. This will mean just re heating at the next group mealtime.:)

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Anyone in the Suffolk group wanting a Pat 58 Crucader bottle, with the plastic and metal cups, along with the OD green pouch for it all (complete with ALICE clips)?

No charge... free to a good home (so long as you can collect or I can drop off, dependant on distance of course)

I'll trade that mate swap for the Mora?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Nice offer Simon, i'm sure someone will be happy to give them a new home. i made time to get all my weekend kit unpacked and cleaned and re packed ready for the next outing. Going to use my tarp and hooped bivi sleeping cell next time and will re use my down sleeping bag as was quite chilly at the weekend and with my arctic coat on in the sleeping bag i felt like a tinned sardine lol. slapping lots of germaline on all the nicks and cuts i got from my pooon carving session. Sorted. Hopefully my bergen will be alot lighter this time as i have streamlined my kit. i would like to repay the compliment of food preparation for our next meet and was thinking about preparing and cooking ahead either a curry or a tagine style lamb dish if anyone would like to indulge. This will mean just re heating at the next group mealtime.:)

Mmm curry sounds great

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

Tarp is the best way to go, its great in the warmer nights when they are fully open, as far as cutts go you'll get less, and yeah if it would be nice for someone else to do the cooking for the group meal, just be aware that not all like the realy hot stuff, lol my self i do i been thnking about a chilli with rice.. :), must admit though I like the smell of the cooking rather then the reheating Idea..

You'll soon get less cuts , just need the practice.... :).

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Well I've spoken at lengh with the Land Owner.... and guess what, he has changed his mind a bit... well untill he gets to know what I am wanting to do with the Woodland, and suggested that a small copse may well be a better place for the permision, which I fully understand... then maybe lead onto the much larger wood at a later date, I am meeting with him on Sunday to discuss and visit the smaller woodland... and the what the permision may well include, i.e. the people that have permision to use it, how bigger group at one time can be there, how many times that it can be used, what can be done there, ect ect...

I will update you after Sunday...... but all is not lost

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Tarp is the best way to go, its great in the warmer nights when they are fully open, as far as cutts go you'll get less, and yeah if it would be nice for someone else to do the cooking for the group meal, just be aware that not all like the realy hot stuff, lol my self i do i been thnking about a chilli with rice.. :), must admit though I like the smell of the cooking rather then the reheating Idea..

You'll soon get less cuts , just need the practice.... :).

i will keep it medium hot, i suppose i could cook it on site but as it will be an authentic one i was worried about there being a load of washing up but not impossible. Yes your right re the cuts i just need to toughen the old digits up a bit by practice. Hope you have some success with your permission, better a wee bit than no bit at all ay. Best of luck with that. Speak soon bud.

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Mmm curry sounds great

Lamb curry it is then. Stu has tried to sway me towards cooking it on site, it will take a few hours cooking time and i for one will be dribbling in anticipation the whole time. I will do a medium unless the consensus of those partaking is towards a hotter version, i will conduct a poll one we have our next date and who the participants will be. Can't make any prospective meets for the next couple of weeks as i have other bits and pieces to attend to but greatly looking forward to the next time we get out. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE