Suffolk Bushcraft Group

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Right got The Jack Pyke Handwarmers complete with 8 Sticks, I got four of them, The sticks are Miltec not sure about them yet but will let you know, I can do the Hand Warmer kits for £6 each, pick up at a meet, once these are gone I can get some more if you guys in the group want any more.

1. ReamviThantos
2. Mitch66
3. Rumcelt

With the one you've already got and your new ones you may be on the menu nice and tender on Friday, Stu and dumplings with some fava beans and a nice chianti pfhup, pfhup, pfhup.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Right got The Jack Pyke Handwarmers complete with 8 Sticks, I got four of them, The sticks are Miltec not sure about them yet but will let you know, I can do the Hand Warmer kits for £6 each, pick up at a meet, once these are gone I can get some more if you guys in the group want any more.

1. ReamviThantos
2. Mitch66
3. Rumcelt
4. ROMAN-SOLDIER

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Thanks for the offer Stuart. Don't worry about the tarp/hammock this time as i'm sure you already have tons of kit to sort through with the food etc., and i've packed the tent anyway. I can have a go next time we are out in the woods which will be great. Looking forward to having a go with your spoon knife. :)

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I was packed and ready a few hours after I got home on Saturday, but then I stripped everything out again, removed a huge weight of gear I've determined isn't necessary, reorganized everything and packed again on Sunday. I then had my tarp out again on Monday so I could rig it up, cut a new ridgeline, and pack it down in a better way (the way I think Stu does his, and the way Ray Mears does his)

My Mrs took two of my camp meals out of my pack last night because she was feeling lazy and has developed a taste for these things, so now I have to take a run out to Tesco to pick up some more.

Anyway, I'm ready :)

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
2 Nighter at Orchards for the 5th and 6th April 2013,

Weather is now getting warmer so a good one to Test and try new and old gear ready for the summer season.

Confirmed with Orchards. I thought it might be nice to get there on Friday night again as there will be more light as the clocks go forward - I am going straight from work, but arrival after midday is good.

All Welcome, Experienced, Newbies, Tree and Ground Dwellers.

http://www.orchardcampsite.co.uk/

The charge is £5 pppn.
There is wood that can be brought on site £7 per barrow - (cost divided amongst whole group) last time two barrows were used (£2 to £3).

There will be a Saturday Night Group Meal, Last time was a Beef Stew and Dumplings, cost of last time came to £3.00 each. (will try to keep to the same sort of cost...but that's down to how much it cost from the Supermarket....) - Of course you can cater yourself if you require.

There is a Toilet Block (showers and toilets), open and water is available from Taps on the site,

Of course Photo's and the Micky being taken is compulsory ....

And Fluffy Hot water bottles/slippers are welcome.....

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale so a meet can be a great place to get some kit..

Alan has said that there will be some other campers on site that weekend, we can use a canoe on the river if anyone would like to bring one to go for a paddle.

If you plan to attend, then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meal, and how many nights your staying.

If there is any activity you would like to do, just add it to the list, hopefully someone will be able to help, or you could show someone what to do.. :). I f I remember right someone did say they would like a go at spoon carving, so no doubt that will be on the list .

List of Attending
1. Big Stu -Group Meal - 2 nights
2. SJStuart - Friday Only
3. Rumcelt - Group Meal - 2 nights
4. Roman Soldier - Own Cater - 2 nights
5. Reamvi thantos -Group Meal - 2 nights
6. Mitch66 - Own cater -2 nights
7. Mikesmith777 - Group Meal - 1/2 nights
8. KIMBOKO - friday night only.

Last edited:

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
2 Nighter at Orchards for the 5th and 6th April 2013,

Weather is now getting warmer so a good one to Test and try new and old gear ready for the summer season.

Confirmed with Orchards. I thought it might be nice to get there on Friday night again as there will be more light as the clocks go forward - I am going straight from work, but arrival after midday is good.

All Welcome, Experienced, Newbies, Tree and Ground Dwellers.

http://www.orchardcampsite.co.uk/

The charge is £5 pppn.
There is wood that can be brought on site £7 per barrow - (cost divided amongst whole group) last time two barrows were used (£2 to £3).

There will be a Saturday Night Group Meal, Last time was a Beef Stew and Dumplings, cost of last time came to £3.00 each. (will try to keep to the same sort of cost...but that's down to how much it cost from the Supermarket....) - Of course you can cater yourself if you require.

There is a Toilet Block (showers and toilets), open and water is available from Taps on the site,

Of course Photo's and the Micky being taken is compulsory ....

And Fluffy Hot water bottles/slippers are welcome.....

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale so a meet can be a great place to get some kit..

Alan has said that there will be some other campers on site that weekend, we can use a canoe on the river if anyone would like to bring one to go for a paddle.

If you plan to attend, then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meal, and how many nights your staying.

If there is any activity you would like to do, just add it to the list, hopefully someone will be able to help, or you could show someone what to do.. :). I f I remember right someone did say they would like a go at spoon carving, so no doubt that will be on the list .

List of Attending
1. Big Stu -Group Meal - 2 nights
2. SJStuart - Friday Only
3. Rumcelt - Group Meal - 2 nights
4. Roman Soldier - Own Cater - 2 nights
5. Reamvi thantos -Group Meal - 2 nights
6. Mitch66 - Own cater -2 nights
7. Mikesmith777 - Group Meal - 1/2 nights
8. KIMBOKO -Group Meal- friday night only.
9. Brad (millets colchester ) c/o roman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE