Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Guys, Thought I would start a thread in the right part of the country, lol.

And simply call it Suffolk Bushcraft Group.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
:(:(Just been digging out some of my old gear not much left I am afraid, after 25 years of lending kit out and my kids using it for Cubs, Scouts, Girl Guides and camps ect, found rucksack, plate, mug, eating irons, billy nest, mess tins, sleeping bag liner, Sit mat, Roll mat, hexi burner,water bottles, dry bag.

were did all the rest go.......:(:(

But hey still got enougth for the 27th:D:D:D

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi Folks

Stu thanks for getting the thread started.
Just to ask were is every one located in our fair County, I am in Ipswich.

P.S Stu the kit pixies have all your missing kit, the little beggars will have your kit away from you, right in front of you. mine is more about forgetting were I put it lol

Regards
Rum

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Folks

Stu thanks for getting the thread started.
Just to ask were is every one located in our fair County, I am in Ipswich.

P.S Stu the kit pixies have all your missing kit, the little beggars will have your kit away from you, right in front of you. mine is more about forgetting were I put it lol

Regards
Rum

Hi I am in IPswich as well,

I dont know about kit pixes, but I used to do a lot of extreme sports ect, did lend a load of gear out to mate , but never got it back...lol, at least it was being used.

Just been on Bushcraftsupplies.com and brought a few other bits, lol, only little ones.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
I will really need to work out what I should buy. If not all I am going to have in my reindeer skin rug to sleep on and my deerskin sleeping bag......

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
I think it will, I go out in the wood on my own and do a bit of stealth camping and it is good to have time on your own in the woods, quiet and reflection.
But I do enjoy siting round a camp fire with others, there is nothing like good company a few drinks and waking up in the woods is what I like. That is just my opinion, we all do bushcraft for our own reasons.

Regards
Rum

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Hi guys,

First off, let me apologise for lack of posts this week.

I also live in Ipswich.
I'll be going to the forest tomorrow, long as my car not playing up. Get pictures and hopefully permission for us all. If we do get permission, we should be able to park cars just outside forest.

As for regards for water, far as I'm aware there's no running water, just a nice size pond. If it rains a lot before hand, the stream might be running but recommend you bring some yourselfs.

I have no problems with bows being bought and used but will check with owner first.

Don't know if the guy from Cambridge is reading this thread now, but his more than welcome to come, if everyone else ok with it?

I've managed to book Fri 27th off work, so I plan on getting there around 2pm hopefully?
I can provide lifts if anyone needs?

I'll provide everyone with pictures and instructions in getting there once I know we allow.

If there's any info I've left off at the mo, feel free to ask or pm me.

This will be my first camping trip this year and first without my dog for company lol. Be
Will be nice to have human company for a change lol

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Big Stu small world. If you don't mind me asking is the workshop for your working life or your enjoyment outside of work?
Ben, good to read your words on here again. Hope all is well and the land owner is ok with everything. I can nearly smell the camp fire smoke already.
Looking forward to seeing what has to be said in the next day or two.
Thanks for your time

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
My workshop is just for fun, I do a lot of off roading so a mate and I have a workshop for repairs. I am an engineer by trade, I am already looking at building a Forge of some description to make a knife, lol.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi guys,

First off, let me apologise for lack of posts this week.

I also live in Ipswich.
I'll be going to the forest tomorrow, long as my car not playing up. Get pictures and hopefully permission for us all. If we do get permission, we should be able to park cars just outside forest.

As for regards for water, far as I'm aware there's no running water, just a nice size pond. If it rains a lot before hand, the stream might be running but recommend you bring some yourselfs.

I have no problems with bows being bought and used but will check with owner first.

Don't know if the guy from Cambridge is reading this thread now, but his more than welcome to come, if everyone else ok with it?

I've managed to book Fri 27th off work, so I plan on getting there around 2pm hopefully?
I can provide lifts if anyone needs?

I'll provide everyone with pictures and instructions in getting there once I know we allow.

If there's any info I've left off at the mo, feel free to ask or pm me.

This will be my first camping trip this year and first without my dog for company lol. Be
Will be nice to have human company for a change lol

Sounds good, yeah the cambridge guy is ok with me, as I say I am going to try to get the day/afternoon of work, so hopefuly get set up, i'll keep my fingers crossed he says yes to us going there, or we is stuck.....

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Sounds good, yeah the cambridge guy is ok with me, as I say I am going to try to get the day/afternoon of work, so hopefuly get set up, i'll keep my fingers crossed he says yes to us going there, or we is stuck.....

Have thought this myself so have also started organising a 2nd place. My friend works on a farm with lots of land, so she going to ask for us. Worst comes to worst, we'll have to 'sealth' camp for this time. Done it plenty of times without being bothered.

Rumcelt

Forager
Aug 14, 2010
Ipswich Suffolk UK
Hi Folks

There is nothing wrong with stealth camping as you say Ben.
Just to ask do people want to meet up for a drink prier to the first camp-out, say next week some time, if folks want to?
Big Stu please keep me posted about the forge and making a knife, very interested in that.
Regards
Rum

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
yeah I think it may be a good idea to have a meet in a pub, one eve, we can get to know each other by site before, freezing in the woods, lol.

Yeah I'll keep you updated about the knife/forge, prob will not happen for a couple of months, I got loads to do down the workshop yet, We only moved in in Nov.... been so busy mending my Discovery, my mates Disco, and a few other landys as well. soon get round to experdition prep'ing my disco.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE