Suffolk Bushcraft Group Daniel Boone Challenge 20th and 21st September 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thats a good idea.
I was thinking of using some of wee mans old muslins and some canvas I've rediscovered.....so old style but modernish materials.

Got some recipes for trail bread if you want em?

the way i am looking at it is I am going to use what I can and try to get as close as I can with what's about, not spending loads on kit as most of the kit to be honest most B'crafters would already have many be instead of canvas/cotton in nylon..

I am trying to use it as a learning experience as well, I can believe how much more I have learnt as well, and also a way of getting to use older skills, using the older methods...

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
You are all bad men :)

Nicely building up my bushy kit and get sidelined into vintage and a strong canvas pull. All this talk of Boone and Sam's challenge. Its infectious.

You are a long way off but if there are any spaces, can I ask for a first refusal - after Sam of course

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
You are all bad men :)

Nicely building up my bushy kit and get sidelined into vintage and a strong canvas pull. All this talk of Boone and Sam's challenge. Its infectious.

You are a long way off but if there are any spaces, can I ask for a first refusal - after Sam of course

Hi Albus,

I am going to play it by ear at the mo, I set this up for the regular guys, once I've seen how many want to do it, I'll see how many more we can take, i'll open it up then... I some how think that there will be a lot of interest,

Keep your eye on the thread and join in,

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Been watching but resisting joining in as I'm not in the Suffolk group.

But all these ideas, kit lists, etc are soooooo addictive. Canvas tarp is on my next item to buy list. Most of the rest is fairly main stream, but it has to be canvas for the tarp :)

Hi Albus,

I am going to play it by ear at the mo, I set this up for the regular guys, once I've seen how many want to do it, I'll see how many more we can take, i'll open it up then... I some how think that there will be a lot of interest,

Keep your eye on the thread and join in,

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Been watching but resisting joining in as I'm not in the Suffolk group.

But all these ideas, kit lists, etc are soooooo addictive. Canvas tarp is on my next item to buy list. Most of the rest is fairly main stream, but it has to be canvas for the tarp :)

I was going to just run this in the main Suffolk Thread, but then thought what a great opportunity to find out and share info about a subject...

I know what you mean about the additive part of it, I been stuck to the PC reading loads, and its taken me in assorts of directions, lol....

I been after a canvas tarp for ages but, have settled for a poncho canvas/cotton one for the mo, thought I would have a break form the Boone thing for a couple of hrs, lol....

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Mr Tanith...

I have some news for you...

I have spoken to the guys in the group that are on the Challenge and the all the guys on the challenge, have said with the amount of activity and interest you have put into the thread, and as it is you that is the originator of th Daniel Boone Challenge, put you on the list :),

That's If you would like of course ;)

Last edited:

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, sorry ive not been on for a while, work. stu could i have one of your folding cups please.

List of Attending - Regular Attendee's only at this point in time....
1. Big Stu
2. RemeaviThanatos
3.Crosslandkelly. Looking forward to this.:D
4. Tagnut69
5.mitch66
6.​

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
hi, sorry ive not been on for a while, work. stu could i have one of your folding cups please.

List of Attending - Regular Attendee's only at this point in time....
1. Big Stu
2. RemeaviThanatos
3.Crosslandkelly. Looking forward to this.:D
4. Tagnut69
5.mitch66
6.​

Hi Mate, you been a busy bunny then, lol... on the list, yeah your names on one mate, you ant missed much on here apart from me getting addicted to history...lol

Mr Tanith...

I have some news for you...

I have spoken to the guys in the group that are on the Challenge and the ones that have answered, have said with the amount of activity and interest you have put into the thread, and as it is you that is the originator of th Daniel Boone Challenge, put you on the list :),

That's If you would like of course ;)

Erm nah ya ok :p

NOT!!!!!!
PUT ME DOWN PUT ME DOWN PUT ME DOWN PUT ME DOWN PUT ME DOWN PUT ME DOWN PUT ME DOWN OUT ME DOWN!!!

I mean yes that would be great thank you :):):):):):):):)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE