STUPIDLY SIMPLE Midge Repel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Received with thanks.
Looking forward to doing a field test on the Scottish strain of midges, the tiniest of creatures,that appear to be genetically designed to cause maximum impact and devastation on my hunting trips
:mosquitos:

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Zingmo, danceswithhelicopters, mike coats, vek077 and yarrowform your midge repel were posted this morning.

Thank you everyone for the enthusatic response. We made up another batch last night, now the house smells lemony fresh with a hint of smokey tar.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Mines here :) It smells fabulous, fresh but slightly smokey.... patch tests applied to sensitive bits and hopefully more feedback after exposure to those gnats-on-acid that Coventry breeds so plentifully!

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Zingmo, danceswithhelicopters, mike coats, vek077 and yarrowform your midge repel were posted this morning.

Thank you everyone for the enthusatic response. We made up another batch last night, now the house smells lemony fresh with a hint of smokey tar.

Hi there, did you get my paypal ok?
Cheers
Steve

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I openly admit I was a touch dubious about the Stupidly Simple stuff, but thought that if I couldn't use it then at least I could see to it that as many people as possible got a chance to try out the sample.......until my order arrives, they're no' getting it :D

Citronella candles give me a headache from hell :sigh: but Fi seems to have balanced this stuff so it's only the lemon that's noticeable :)
I was out last night digging up clay, making a wee bowl, down to the burn for water, taking photos, etc., etc., and I didn't get bitten once, and there were no shortages of midges around :)
If it works agin the clegs too, then that'd be a huge bonus.

Tell you what though; pm me an address and when my order gets here I'll post the sample pot to you to try. It's a lot cheaper than Wilma's and smells a lot better too, and it's not the stink of SSS from avon either. It's also more persistant than the Autan, so I haven't needed the multiple squirty bottles around the place.

atb,
M

Well I got two parcels in the post this morning, one my comp prize from Corso (thanks again it's excellent) and the second from Toddy. Have already been out for a limp round the woods but will be heading out again to a sheltered spot to see if there's any midge about. The sample of Xylaria's Midge cream looks intriguing, thought of burnt cork ninja camouflage at first but it goes on clear and doesn't feel greasy on my skin. Toddy's right, none of that horrible cheap citronella smell which reminds you of cheap council toilets. This has a predominantly fresh campfire smell (one of my fave things to smell of), with some nice undernotes. So far I love it, will have to find some midge to see now. Will get the others 'round here to try it too and hopefully get some orders in. :)

Thanks Toddy.

Colin.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well I couldn't find any midge today, think the hail storm put them off coming out to play. But I've smelt lovely and a friend is keen to try it at his fishing club as certain chems in other repellents attack their lines.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
What rave reviews - a couple o' pots for me please - pm sent. Anything to stop them bitin' bu**ers that love MY blood so much. I'm normally the insect repellent for everyone near me in a five metre radius :lmao:...they only bite me

kawasemi

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
I have found over the years that a regular amount of jack daniels in the blood stream is a great repellant!! Not as cheap but more enjoyable!!!!

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I received my little tin of smoky sorcery today. Thankyou very much.

I think it has more overtones of Laphroaig than Mr Daniels' brew.

Z

Feb 4, 2012
Nr St Ives, Cornwall
Mine turned up on Friday THANK YOU :You_Rock_

And, I put some to good use yesterday as I hiked through then camped in midge central on my first solo stealth camp of the year.

What can I say, other than it works a treat:D

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Mine turned up saturday. Thanks :D

Not had chance to use it yet, but smells good!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE