STUPIDLY SIMPLE Midge Repel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Midge repellant made with the simplest natural ingredients.

£3.50 per 15ml tin

£6.00 per 30ml tin

Postage Free.

Simply PM your e-mail address and postal address to either me or woodstock and we will dispatch within 24hrs of payment.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Xylaria, are we allowed to ask what's in it? Or is it the stuff that was being tested a while back and you didn't want to give the game away? (Hope you don't mind me asking?) GB.

xylaria

Hi Xylaria, are we allowed to ask what's in it? Or is it the stuff that was being tested a while back and you didn't want to give the game away? (Hope you don't mind me asking?) GB.

The active ingriedents are high grade pine tar, citronella oil, lemon eucalyptus, with beeswax and sunflower oil to make it work. It is applied very sparingly. That is more information than wilmas tells you. We can make a batch without either of the essential oils if you have issues, but it will smell worse.

We have more products in the pipe line.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
The active ingriedents are high grade pine tar, citronella oil, lemon eucalyptus, with beeswax and sunflower oil to make it work. It is applied very sparingly. That is more information than wilmas tells you. We can make a batch without either of the essential oils if you have issues, but it will smell worse.

We have more products in the pipe line.
Thanks for that, I've a bunch of stuff to finish off before it goes off but maybe a bottle from you later with no citronella would be good, will give you a shout. Thanks again GB.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I really don't like citronella, and I have the kind of skin that reacts badly to many of the chemicals in cosmetics, but this cream causes me no grief at all, the citronella smells like lemon without any acrid bite to it, and best of all, the cream stopped the midges biting :D :D

I've ordered more :cool:

M

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
This is a really stupid question but Im gonna ask it anyway lol, is it just midges it repels? Or nasty little biting bugs in general?

We dont have a real problem with midges where I live but we do get a fair amount of little flying biting things and mozzies.

Also would it be ok for children?
My 3rd daughter suffers with a little bit of exzma now and again but its not bad.

Oh and well done you!!

Atb
Steve

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
This is a really stupid question but Im gonna ask it anyway lol, is it just midges it repels? Or nasty little biting bugs in general?

We dont have a real problem with midges where I live but we do get a fair amount of little flying biting things and mozzies.

Also would it be ok for children?
My 3rd daughter suffers with a little bit of exzma now and again but its not bad.

Oh and well done you!!

Atb
Steve

Hi Steve as far as im aware it repels most flying/ biting insects,it should be fine on your daughter as we have tested it on Fi,s daughter who also has eczema and she did not produce any side effects.

Hope this helps

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk

It might get a try out at NorthWood on a very thin skinned, tasty-blooded turbogirl next meet... if it keeps them off, it'll be doing better than all the veets, avon skinsosoft and wilmas... gosh, I do hope they find it completely disgusting!!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I really don't like citronella, and I have the kind of skin that reacts badly to many of the chemicals in cosmetics, but this cream causes me no grief at all, the citronella smells like lemon without any acrid bite to it, and best of all, the cream stopped the midges biting :D :D

I've ordered more :cool:

M

I know you have sensitive skin Mary so it must be nice if it doesn't affect you. I'm not allergic to citronella it's just that the usual commercial stuffs smell gives me the dry boak when I catch a wiff. Think I'll buy a bottle to try once I've waded through what I have here.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I openly admit I was a touch dubious about the Stupidly Simple stuff, but thought that if I couldn't use it then at least I could see to it that as many people as possible got a chance to try out the sample.......until my order arrives, they're no' getting it :D

Citronella candles give me a headache from hell :sigh: but Fi seems to have balanced this stuff so it's only the lemon that's noticeable :)
I was out last night digging up clay, making a wee bowl, down to the burn for water, taking photos, etc., etc., and I didn't get bitten once, and there were no shortages of midges around :)
If it works agin the clegs too, then that'd be a huge bonus.

Tell you what though; pm me an address and when my order gets here I'll post the sample pot to you to try. It's a lot cheaper than Wilma's and smells a lot better too, and it's not the stink of SSS from avon either. It's also more persistant than the Autan, so I haven't needed the multiple squirty bottles around the place.

atb,
M

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I openly admit I was a touch dubious about the Stupidly Simple stuff, but thought that if I couldn't use it then at least I could see to it that as many people as possible got a chance to try out the sample.......until my order arrives, they're no' getting it :D

Citronella candles give me a headache from hell :sigh: but Fi seems to have balanced this stuff so it's only the lemon that's noticeable :)
I was out last night digging up clay, making a wee bowl, down to the burn for water, taking photos, etc., etc., and I didn't get bitten once, and there were no shortages of midges around :)
If it works agin the clegs too, then that'd be a huge bonus.

Tell you what though; pm me an address and when my order gets here I'll post the sample pot to you to try. It's a lot cheaper than Wilma's and smells a lot better too, and it's not the stink of SSS from avon either. It's also more persistant than the Autan, so I haven't needed the multiple squirty bottles around the place.

atb,
M

Hi Mary, do you need to apply this stuff on all uncovered skin or is it the scent that puts the little flying beasties off?

Atb
Steve

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Midgies are apparantly attracted to our scent, warm CO2 breath, etc., this stuff seems to cover the smell of us :)
I just rubbed it in along my forehead, near my eyes, down the parting of my hair and behind my ears.....did a bit on my forearms too, and so far once it's on, nothing bites :D........and coming from the woman who literally comes out in a bad enough reaction to need to carry an epi-pen, that's quite something :cool:

It smells lemony smokey. Wilmas always smells like a stale ashtray to me; this stuff doesn't, and it doesn't have that acrid bite of the horrid candles either.

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE