STUPIDLY SIMPLE Midge Repel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Hi, I'd like two please - remind me of your details, please and I'l pp it over.........the last lot has been working great but I need one for each sac, else I've forgotten to bring it! Thanks, mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Nice one! That made me squirm - I prefer to not think meself into problems, they seem to arrive of their own accord, eh? Paypal done....................atb mac

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Been carrying mine for a while now - but since spring is only just arriving, with summer seemingly way off haven't encountered a midge to test it with yet..... I'm sure I will manage before the end of the summer (14th June probably) though.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The price including postage to the EU, scandinavia and russia is 4.70 euros or £4.10.

The international postage rates in the uk from the royal mail are stupidly complex. If anyone from outside the EU wants to order some, the base cost is £2.81 per tin plus what ever postage is.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Between visits to the hospital to see the Uncle I've been planting out seedlings along the lane fence that runs parallel to the burn. I have literally worn a Beaton's jacket before now to do that job. Yesterday morning was ideal midge and cleg weather :sigh: so I rubbed on the Simply Stupid and got to work.

The clegs were there, the wee grey cloaked horrors were watching, but I didn't get bitten, and I squished two of them as they sat on the fence watching me :D :D :insert happy dance :D :

Anything that confuses and deters those blighters is worth it's weight in gold.

Mary

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
A couple of bites at Rough Close this weekend.... on OTHER folks who WEREN'T using your 'Stupidly Simple'!!! Fingers crossed that it holds up to the homicidal zombie-mozzies at Northwood at the end of the month ;)

I reapplied sparingly, by no means full coverage- just enough to give a smell on face, chest, hands and ankles- so tons left for the 'acid test' ;) No reaction on delicate skin and the smokey lemon smell is lovely, absolutely chuffed :)

xylaria

Thank you for all the positive reviews.

just to clarify:
The price is £3.50 for the uk and £4.10/E4.70 for europe. The price includes postage packaging and paypal fees. Just send me or woodstock a pm with your e-mail address and how many you want we will send you an invoice. we will take other forms of payment.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Used yesterday evening with my dog on Exmoor.
Lots of activity, no bites.
Its early day for me but very positive on the three long walks in woods and by streams.

Best.

Chris.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Mine Arrived :) despite the post office's best efforts, the tin opens fine even with the dent. :D

Initial patch testing is going well, back of hand passed, inside of arm feels warm but no redness or ithcing, inside of elbow then behind ears at the weekend & maybe some exposure to midges

Lovely smell BTW, :cool: Smells a bit like very mild campfire with a hint polytar shampoo / coaltar soap. Do you do it as an aftershave? :lmao:

I notice on the enclosed information sheet the ingredients list doesnt mention citronella, I know you said you could make it without if people prefered; have you dropped this entirely from the ingredients now?

Thx again

xylaria

Mine Arrived :) despite the post office's best efforts, the tin opens fine even with the dent. :D

Initial patch testing is going well, back of hand passed, inside of arm feels warm but no redness or ithcing, inside of elbow then behind ears at the weekend & maybe some exposure to midges

Lovely smell BTW, :cool: Smells a bit like very mild campfire with a hint polytar shampoo / coaltar soap. Do you do it as an aftershave? :lmao:

I notice on the enclosed information sheet the ingredients list doesnt mention citronella, I know you said you could make it without if people prefered; have you dropped this entirely from the ingredients now?

Thx again

The pine tar is the main repellant. Under EU law it cant be called an insect repellant, but lemon eucalyptus can be. There are alot of studies on how effective lemon eucalyptus is at repelling mosquitos, however the studies on citronella show it to be not as effective. Citronella can cause some people some problems, so it was left out a batch. It hasnt been dropped it was just left out of a batch. It was mainly used to cover the smell of the tar.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else

( We can do but only for very rugged outdoorsy types)

We use something similar to Citronella instead

Thx again

All the best during the coming midgie months

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE