stupid, devoured by a campfire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
On the scale of things getting burnt in the woods the following may take a bit of beating.
My guys and I had been called out to a forest fire and on arrival with the Landrover & foam bowser found it was in an area that was tricky to get to.
We were doing our best with fire beaters while waiting for some chainsaw to arrive when the Fire Brigade turned up in a pendulously heavy fire engine. They stopped and asked where the fire was centred and we told them they'd never get near it. The main man explained that he'd been doing it a while, even helpfully called me "Son" :mad: and of they trundled.
A while later while we were still trying to beat the flames to death with a stick we saw a rather dejected bunch of firemen walking towards us.
"Where's your fire engine?" they were asked. There faces grew red with embarisment (even under the soot) as they explained how they'd gotten stuck, surrounded by flames & eventually run out of tanked water... Not long after which their fire engine caught fire and burned out.
Luckily none were hurt (bar their pride) and we eventually got the fire under control.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
There is no better joy to the regular fellow than when the know it all professional FUBAR's everything right up after ignoring said regular mans sound words of wisdom

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Plus the fact that he called me "son" in that particularly derogatory fashion, that always gets my goat.
I was happy that no-one was hurt though.
We generally liked it when the brigade turned up as they had great chuck wagons for feeding us.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE