Stuart69 - RIP

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I don't know what to say either. As someone who has recently made it to 57, it seems an awful loss to leave at such an early age. Condolences to all those left behind may they cherish the memories.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
My sincere condolences to his family & friends. I never had the pleasure of meeting him but enjoyed reading his posts and he was clearly held in high regard by those who knew him.

My thoughts and best wishes to all who knew him.

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
RIP . Condolences to all his family and friends .

I cant make glen trool this weekend so can someone have a nip for me round the fire.

Craig.

yeh bud we will sort that for u , it's a shame yi cannie make it bud ,,, no seen you in ages ,, keep well ..

Jurassic

Dec 18, 2010
Helensburgh, Scotland
Josh, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I only met Stu on those couple of occasions but he seemed such a nice, laid back guy.My thoughts go out to you, Rich and Stephen and obviously to Stu's family. RIP Stu.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.
Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
Happy trails to you Stuart...torc.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all i did not know him though he was always mentioned regularly on this forum such a sad loss at 42 RIP stuart69 my condolences to all who new him and most of all to his family regards dave53

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Not sure what to say Josh. So sad a loss at such a young age. When the time comes to raise a glass in the memory of those I have lost I will will think on Stu as a bushcrafting brother.

Sandsnakes

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Thank you all for your consolations and words of support.

It's been revealed that Stuart passed away from a massive heart attack. He will be cremated this Saturday(3rd) at 11:45am in Daldowie Crematorium (Daldowie Estate, G71 7RU).

His ashes will then be scattered at some point somewhere lovely where Stu enjoyed spending time. Most likely Loch Lomond and certainly somewhere we can go for a paddle afterwards if we wish.
I will of course let you know in advance when this will take place. I mainly mention it just now because I know some of you already have plans for this weekend(just to let you know there will be another opportunity to say fare well).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE