Stocking filler ideas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
My wife is wanting ideas for stocking fillers for me (so relatively cheap little bits) and losing the plot because I always end up just buying bits and pieces, so apparently I am hard to shop for!

Do people have ideas for bushcraft themed stocking fillers? With practical uses rather than just stuff that’ll end up in a drawer.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Not really bushcrafty, but I bought these for the menfolks stockings.

Liked them enough that I bought duplicates to put into other parcels. The screwdriver has a most useful torch built in, as well at fine heads inside a screwed bar.....for under a fiver.

Reactions: Chris

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Can't have enough mini carabiner, s binas, or the odd nitize 9(which I use for my ridgeline)
A nice big 6 by half inch ferro rod.
Bankline,
Parracord,
Work gloves
Hand and/or foot warmers
Chem lightsticks.

Reactions: Pattree and Chris

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Just looked at the bestsellers on Amazon's camping & hiking section.
Seems everyone is getting handwarmers, lights or bottles.

If have a sweet tooth, tins of travel sweets.
https://traditionalsweets.com/ (or on Amazon if want to avoid the min spend)

GNJC

Forager
Jul 10, 2005
Carms / Sir Gar
Nothing off the top of my head for you; but you could apply the sort of logic my boss uses when doing it for me... she just looks at what I use-up, break and / or lose most regularly... :banghead:

And then adds some other things that she thinks may amuse me, and chocolate.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
If carabinas are a good idea then take a look at quick release shackles. I have the impression that they would be unusual for many folk but perhaps I’m wrong. I use them on my beer mug lanyard, my main key ring is one and I hang kit by them. A quick pull on a tag and it releases. They vary considerably in price and quality. My mug shackle will take two tonnes!!!!! That’s a lot of beer.

IMG_5722.jpegIMG_5720.jpeg

Most of them have a solid lower ring like the key ring here. Some have a swivel but they look weak.

I like the simplicity of the bollard type but you need to know how to splice an eye.

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Small Heat/fire mat
Fold up sit pad
Tyvek or silnylon ground cloth
Hammero Fire card
FSC field guides/cards

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE