stainless steel mugs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
no they`re not the military type but tesco`s are selling large coffee mug ones for £3 each, they`re well made and double lined so you cant burn your lips and perfect for family camping or if you`re like me and prefer a small billy and mug instead of a big mug when you`re on your own, thing is they`ve been highly polished and are outragiously shiny, and i hear tell that matalan are doing them too,i think they`re aimed at the hip and cool people market so they `ve got that wrong for sure " oh yeah, all the forest folk are using them these days , its the in thing " :-D cheers al

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
I've been keeping half an eye our for a Single skin stainless mug.
So i can put it staight on a fire/ burner and get just that one cup of hot water needed for a brew,. Anyone seen them about?
Cheers
Rich

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I've seen a few about by the metal seems thick (like it's going to be lip blisteringly hot when my brew is stone cold). If you don't want to go the military Crusader mug, you could try titanium (mega dough for one of those though!).

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Titanium stuff ain't cheap ... and it's also pretty soft stuff (people think that titanium is hard but in fact it is titanium alloys comprising of aluminium, vanadium and tin that are hard).

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Hey guys, buy titanium. I just invested in it in the stock market and my stock could use a boost. :-D

Seriously, pay the dough and get some good titanium pots, cup, and spoon. It is great stuff and that's not my broker talking. :) A year from now you'll forget all about how much you paid for them and you will treasure them for their ultralight weight and the fact that you can drink a steaming hot cup of tea without burning your lips.

Of course, I realize that you folks across the pond get screwed on the prices but I can't help that. :-( SnowPeak is excellent!

tea1.jpg

lunch1.jpg

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
wow hoodoo you got 2 snowpeak cooking sets ! i only got the track 900 and a spork in titanium. I got a stand, windscreen, halcon stove, folding cup and a bandana inside it. Great stuff indeed, if this 17 years old kid can afford it, than you guys just have to buy it !

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
been looking to try and find a UK retailer of the SnowPeak trek 700. It's a great looking bit of kit.

snowpeaktrek700tistovecombo.jpg

It's designed to perfectly hold a 100 canister of gas and a mini gas stove, there is a clp on lid with a slot in it, that can be used for draining rice, pasta or whatever.

trek700_1.jpg

The slot in the lid also holds a "spork" and another 100 gas canister on top.

trek700_4.jpg

It can be used as a pot or a mug and comes with it's own stuff sack. It's also nest-able with other SnowPeak pots in the trek range.

Anyone know where to buy in the UK?

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Martyn,

There is something very much like that set in the Field & Trek catalogue. Don't know if they have a website though.

Dave

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Martyn,

Last time I was in Field & Trek they had a 15% discount voucher in their catalogues, available in store.

Dave

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
What I would love is a mug that has handles on the side for drinking from, a swing handle that can suspend it over a fire and a lid. Does such a thing exist? Apparantly you used to get something called a "tea can" which seemed to be this sort of thing. When I did a search the only thing that came up was an enamled thing.

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
MagiKelly said:
What I would love is a mug that has handles on the side for drinking from, a swing handle that can suspend it over a fire and a lid. Does such a thing exist? Apparantly you used to get something called a "tea can" which seemed to be this sort of thing. When I did a search the only thing that came up was an enamled thing.

I would imagine if you drilled two small holes on tye above trek 700, one hole just above the handle, one hole directly oposite the first, then used either an old wire coat hanger or a bit of snare wire for a removable pot hanger, you'd have exactly what you want.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
According to the Field & Trek site the Snowpeak mug has a "Mess storage sac included." Not quite sure what mess they're referring to, but it doesn't sound like something I'd want to store...

Incidentally, I have the larger model of titanium pot, the 900 I think, which has a small frying pan / bowl for a lid. Bit big for a mug but it works and is more practical for cooking than the 700.

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I think they meant "mesh" Jack. :lol:

trek700_3.jpg

Yeah, I know the 700 isn't the best cookpot because of it's size, but I wanted it as a vesatile mug rather than a primary cooking pot. The strainer feature is nice for pasta and rice and it's a good size for brewing up.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I have thought of drilling holes and using a bit of coathanger but wondered if there was a product that covered both cooking options. In fact I have made this modification to a couple of pots I had that had no pot hangers. Plus the thought of drilling holes in a £25 mug breaks my heart.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I have an MSR TITAN titanium cup kettle

msrtitankettle.jpg

it holds .85lt the handles fold away it has a pouring spout and a nicly fitting lid

its large enough to cook in for one but small enough to be a big mug

I have made a teflon coated hanging arm that clips under the rolled edge to suspend it over a fire

The snow peak ones are better value for money though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE