Kettle Contents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
Good Afternoon All,

A question purely out of being a nosey parker but what do you all keep in your kettles when out and about? they are such convenient method of boiling water while out and about but I'm sure we all have different things to put in them. My little Trangia 27 kettle contains:
  • Trangia Stove (Filled and in plastic bag)
  • Stove cross piece/pot stand
  • Lighter
  • Folding cup
  • Coffee sachets/tea bags
Kind regards,

Ollie

Reactions: Kadushu

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Good Afternoon All,

A question purely out of being a nosey parker but what do you all keep in your kettles when out and about? they are such convenient method of boiling water while out and about but I'm sure we all have different things to put in them. My little Trangia 27 kettle contains:
  • Trangia Stove (Filled and in plastic bag)
  • Stove cross piece/pot stand
  • Lighter
  • Folding cup
  • Coffee sachets/tea bags
Kind regards,

Ollie
I've not used them like that, but it's a good idea that I might steal. :) I've recently added a few lightweight options for using mets or solid fuel, so this might work quite well for that.

In addition to two aluminium kettles from Trangia, I've got a stainless steel one (GSI Outdoors' Glacier, 1L) for better-tasting water that I prefer. (And a larger SS one for open fires.)

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I have a cheapie no brand stainless steel kettle and inside it lives a 500ml Kelly Kettle cup, a trangia stove clone with pot stand, pot lifter, lighter and ferro rod. There's room for sachets of coffee too but I carry them separately. The kettle then sits inside a Kelly Kettle pot and lid which makes for a pretty heavy setup but affords good versatility. Ironic that there are several Kelly Kettle items but the actual kettle isn't one of them ;-)

5FF47772-9AE6-4AFC-8C53-C78A8C73FCA5.jpeg

B2AC5602-D38E-4C17-B221-4B399EC28D23.jpeg

Reactions: nigelp

bearbait

My Snopeak Ti Mini Solo Combo has a) small plastic canister with a double shot of ground coffee, b) a similar canister with half a dozen T Bags, c) a smaller canister with some instant coffee, d) a Ti spork and e) occasionally a small plastic bottle with milk (SWMBO likes milk in her tea and coffee!). In winter a Cup-a-Soup is added to the pot.

I heat the drinks on a Caldera Ti Tri stove, or, if I have the car with me, a Firebox stove with various fuels according to whim. The real coffee is made with an AeroPress.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I have a GSI Glacier kettle.

Inside it, I keep a little folding cup, some coffee, a folding spoon, a little pocket knife, a sweat rag. The fuel and trangia I store separately. I have a preference for using a small twig stove to boil the water, but the trangia is there if wood fuel isn't available or appropriate.

I am known to keep some food in there as well, some little nut bars or some 85% dark chocolate. If I remember, I'll also take rock salt. Thanks to the Norwegians, I like it in my Kokekaffe!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kadushu and SaraR

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
IMG_2588.jpegIMG_2589.jpeg

Lixada pot, mini gas can, BRS 3000t tiny folding stove, tea bags, Honest brand jet flame lighter (infallible, cheap, this one is years old now and ever misses the spark).

Usually there are a couple of little UHT milks, but I’m fed up with the fragility and looking at buying a few 50ml vape juice bottles and chucking them when they get too stinky. I’ve recently found 50ml aluminium bottles cheap, they’re often sold with misters as room spray containers, so might try them.

And at some point I’ll chuck a teaspoon in for hooking my teabag, but mainly use my UKPK or whatever EDC I’ve got on me.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
I figure a cooking kettle should have food in it for quick access
Mine, is the sadly discontinued
Mors pot from Four Dog Stoves.
I have tea, true Indian wild rice from our Great Lakes and/or grits aka Polenta in Europe. A small tin of beef, seasonings and chocolate/ Kendall’s Mint cake.
This survival rule of threes telling we can go so long without air, water, food SLEEP? I actually make better decisions on a full stomach.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
My M40 stove has inside its pan/kettle set:
2 x kuksa cups
1 x 6dl (1 pint ) folding mug.
1 x 125ml Trangia meths burner (military)
1 x 100ml Trangia meths burner (ordinary)
2 x spare lid seals.
1 x double ended mini cruet
1 x pot gripper (redundant)
1 x tea spoon
1 x mini gas lighter.
Tucked into the windshield beside the pans are two stainless steel sporks.

pee ess
Before I found Classic Camp Stoves a few months ago I would have called my Gense M40 stove a “Swedish Army Trangia”!

pee pee ess
I thought it might not be relevant to list the contents of my Kelly Kettle Trekker and Base Camps. I have replaced and added several items to the standard kit but that’s another story for another day.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE