Review Highlander Pro Forces 25L, I like it.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
I wanted a small, sturdy budget friendly bag with external pockets. And that’s what this bag is.

Features:
  • 1000D fabric
  • Well padded supported back panel
  • Comfortable shoulder straps
  • Sternum and waist belt
  • Three zipped outside pockets
  • Single ice axe or pole holder
  • Buckle lid with draw cord and snowskirt
  • Zipped lid pocket
  • Bit of molle on the sides and short bit of cowstail
  • Hydration sleeve and Velcro hanging loops
  • Elastic loop on lid
  • Tie down loops on the bottom
  • Not very expensive, £40-45
Stuff I like.

The back support is pretty good for a small cheap pack. Lid pocket faces the wearer, I feel this is more secure.
The internal hanging loops will hold small items like tape or head torches so you don’t have to go digging for them.
I keep a mora knife in the hydration slot (occasionaly a saw or axe) and I can’t feel it against my back when the bag is full.
The side pockets hold the military canteens I’ve tried: usgi; oasis; 58; Finnish.
There is room for things like a folded cup to go above the canteen.
750ml bottles and probably 1L ones will fit. A Trangia mini mess tin will fit with room to spare and keep soup and drink satchets beside it.

Possible negatives.

The side pockets are too tight for a canteen mug and stove to stack with the canteen. But for the size of the bag I’d expect that.

The middle pocket is a touch shorter and narrower. I put soft items such as first aid, cordage or water poofs in this.

The molle is sturdy enough but the position seems pointless. I may use it for reflectors or market lights if walking on the road.

The cowstail is an ideal place to clip a tin mug. I know everyone will like this. Happy days!

General thoughts.

The waist belt is purely a strap so I wouldn’t want to load the thing up and expect support. I’ve shortened it and clipped it around the front of the bag.

Lacks “modularity” but that probably helps avoid adding excess kit.

In use every day as a work bag; pillow for a variety of animals; foot rest; throw in the car and go item.

I’m very happy for the price and it seems stronger and better featured than some more expensive competitors.

Last edited:

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Used one for years as a bimble pack, eventually went to the Forces 33 as being that little bit larger it made a world of difference when coming home with erm, carving materials, still have it and rate it higher than my Karrimor Sabre 30 & 35 which i will eventually get rid of i think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE