Spyderco BCUK Bushcrafter REDUCED

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I ordered mine on Monday and recieved it Thursday :) It helps to be 800 miles from the manufacturers headquarters!

The handles are fantastic looking wood but there was one large crack on each side and a few shorter ones as well. I filled mine with runny super glue and powdered that with baking powder. The baking powder makes the super glue cure instantly, mind your fingers!

The cured with baking powder super glue drys as hard as a rock and is hard to sand/polish. I have mine all done and polished out. I applied some Formby's Tung Oil and waiting on that to set up. I am oh so tempted to order another, you can never have too many blades :pokenest:

Thank you again for the heads up Jonathan!!

Phil6201

Nov 16, 2008
New Zealand
I'd be cautious using baking powder, this used to be a very fashionable filler for model aircraft, but after about five years horror stories started emerging of those (now five year old) models that had a very nasty mess where the super glue/baking powder mix was breaking down into a gooey mess.

YMMV.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Mine is on the way. I feel the need to do a stantard double dangler with FS loop to go with it......

I'll do a couple for makers market.

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
...still awaiting customs charging. I bet they've set up a seperate room for all of these coming into the country :D

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
I'm confused as to why anybody would want to buy a defective knife for any price when you could spend the same money and get a decent knife from a British Maker and keep our cottage industries alive. It is O1 steel, so nothing special, and what is that ridiculous hole about?

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Cool yer boots fella!
Most of us do and have supported or native makers!
Do you know anything of the history of this knife!?
C da C.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE