Spare a thought.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
RIP Andy.He was one of the nicest guys i have ever met my thought are with his family at this said time.

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
So devastated by the news when I heard.

Andy was the guy that contacted me when I first joined the forum and encouraged me to go to my first meet.

Such a great guy.

Rest in peace Andy my friend.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Can't really find the words to express how i feel. He was one of the nicest people i have ever met, always willing to lend a hand or give advice. I will miss our laughs around the fire so very much. It was a priviledge to have known him and for him to call me a friend. I'll miss you mate, R.I.P.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I only met him a couple of times - but he was a great bloke and I know that he will be missed by many.
My thoughts are with his family and close friends.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks for posting the pics Martin and Cliff, that brought a smile to my face this morning. It was a privilege and a pleasure to have shared his company.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
RIP Bud.

Andy was a great person, a fantastic person and was one of my best mate. In life there are two types of people you can meet, people who add to your life and people who take something away, Andy was one of those positive people.

Andy invited me to my first meet, gave me kit to use and made me feel welcome from then we build a great friendship.

You will be missed mate and my thoughts are with Sue and Josh.

CIMG4951a-1.jpg

CIMG4559-1.jpg

CIMG4514-2.jpg

andy.jpg

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Its sad when a person so well liked and thought of passes away, I did not know him, but from this thread He was a Gentleman of the woods.

My thoughts are with his family and his friends.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Sad to hear Andy (Twang Twang) has passed a great bloke and friend to us all.

My thoughts are with his wife and family.

I have many a good memory of him. I hope it never rains on him again, he is with the angels.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Spam's just phoned me about this. Both He and I really liked Andy, He was always full of encouragement.
We used to swap different real ales after meets to take home, so I shall tomorrow be buying some Hobgoblin (the best) to drink to a toast.
I hope the family can cope though this, it must be awful.

Snarf

Nomad
Mar 30, 2009
Birmingham
Gent's and Lady's,

Thank you for your kind words Andy would be happy to know that you fine people thought so much of him.

I have the details of the funeral if any of you would like to attend.

The funeral takes place here at 11:30 on Friday 23Rd March.

There is a wake which will be here after the funeral roughly about 12:30.

Sue has said that if anyone wants to attend the funeral, they are most welcome to come in their Bushcraft clobber as that is what Andy would have wanted.

Also if anyone is wanting to make a donation please PM me for details (as all donations raised will go to Sue and Josh)

Once again I would like to thank you all for your kind words at this difficult time.

ATB

Lee

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I'm very sorry I won't have the opportunity to meet Andy, I've heard him spoken about at the midland meets so highly by the guys who obviously thought the world of him and had been wishing him well from the woodlands. Sympathies to his family and to all his freinds, I'm sure you'll feel his spirit visiting with you around the fire x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE