South Wales Meet 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
A pleasure as aways with thanks abounding to many for making it so, especially to Jedediah for noticing my migraine and looking after me and the hooligan, as well as Red Kite for saving my bacon.

If anyone picked up a spare 14cm zebra bail from my billy I'd love to get it back, if anyone found my last Theakstons bottle - lucky you.

Still can't quite believe the cold this morning but a small price to pay for the stars last night. Really nice to see the new faces around the fire.

Looking forward to the next one

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Gents,

Sitting here I feel like a fool. I've only just read this thread and I live in Neath and work in Nelson!! Doh!

A great opportunity missed.

Is there another outing this year? There are mentions of something in November? If there is, and noone minds, I'd like to tag along.

A thought, did any of you go by motorbike? I passed a F800GS and KTM heading up the A470 on Friday around 5pm. The guy on the KTM had a rucksack and kip roll on his back and the BMW had the usual metal boxes.

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
Now that would be a commute!

Luckily I haven't worked away for a while (IT contracting geek, could end up anywhere). My Nelson is about 20 miles north of Cardiff here in sunny Wales.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks to everyone who made the w/e so much fun.
It was great to see new faces (and all the old ones) and to meet young Tomos and see Lil' Jed again.
It was a good job we had a little food with us as I dont think we would have survived on the foraging.....

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I had an excellent time,I made fire from flint and steel thanks to greg.I learned to protect fresh food better thanks to farmers dog (i don't think it realised how hot that chilli was).
Had some great kit from Jed and a fantastic shing blade handled by Dougster.
Most of all I learned an unbeleivable amount of knowledge from all who attended from making spoons,making an oven and even cooking a pizza in the woods.
It's amazing how much I don't know but great to meet people who are willing to pass on the knowledge they've built up over the years.
Can't wait for the next one in november,I'll be bringing less kit but more knowledge
Thanks to all who passed on help and advice even if they didn't realise they were doing it.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Cheers for another great w/end guys it was good to meet up with you again and to meet a couple of new people, although I'm still suffering from Saturday night:( !
Thankyou all aswell for making my mate John feel welcome, he said he really enjoyed it and is now addicted so when he has time off I think you will be seeing alot more of him.
Hopefully I'll see a few of you again in November aswell.

Spark

Forager
Jun 18, 2006
nr. Bristol
bcd.awardspace.info
Thanks for a good weekend everyone. Was great to get spend more time outside especially with the good weather albeit a bit chilly.
Greg - I will have to try flint and steel next time I see you, I completely forgot about that. Didn't even see sapper1 trying it.

I will upload the group photo and some others tommorow. Will also put pics of the oven in another thread.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Here are some photos that I took at the w/end:

My mate John on his first outing with us, doing some basic knife safety & skills.
100_3338.jpg

Breakfast on Saturday.
100_3339.jpg

Sapper1 and John relaxing nr the Communal Fire.
100_3342.jpg

Arranging the evenings cooking. Note Sparks nice home made oven!
100_3343.jpg

Will who came along is a member of BB, and Thomas (Dougster's young lad), both relaxing whilst waiting for the venison to cook in the hangi.
100_3344.jpg

Spark (aka Adam) in the process on carving a spoon under the watchful eye of Lloyd!
100_3350.jpg

Mr Fenna waiting anxiously for his food to cook!
100_3351.jpg

Lloyd the pizza man making an outstanding pizza.
100_3352.jpg

100_3354.jpg

In the oven it
100_3355.jpg

goes.

100_3359.jpg

On completion looking very tasty, Lloyd made two!
100_3360.jpg

The farewell group photo on Sunday!
100_3362.jpg

Spark

Forager
Jun 18, 2006
nr. Bristol
bcd.awardspace.info
These are a few of my photos.

John using the bowdrill.
img.jpg

The river near our campsite.
img1.jpg

Our fire
img2.jpg

The group photo after I managed to trip over everything in my path (which was all part of the plan to make everyone smile)
img3.jpg

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
So is the November meet going ahead on the 7 - 9th?
Are we going FIRM on this, and who's going?
Spencer can you post the directions to the site please mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE