South Wales Meet 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Leave it with me! ;)

Will be good to meet you all! How far is the site from sunny Cardiff?

It's about 10 mins from Culverhouse Cross; just after Cowbridge on the A48 and turn right; i'll post directions etc soon.

Hi Jed

Have you room for another one for 7th - 9th Nov?

See you at the weekend

ATB

Stewart

Hi Stew, yeah, should be room for anyone but always room for you bud!;)

Wooohooo. Dinner party re-arranged. Your woods on 7th Spence?

Just spent the afternoon with Jungle Re in the pub, he's a top lad and may have something nice for us to cook next weekend.

Yes mate, open invite for anyone who fancies it. Looking forward to this weekend if only to meet everyone i have'nt yet! I might be a little worse for wear on Saturday though as it's my last day in work on Friday so i'll be going for a sherbert at lunchtime!:rolleyes:

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Hi Guys, just sorting out for the weekend. where exactly do we meet, I've found the farm and can be there about 10:00 a.m. Just need to know how much and where to meet everyone.
Thanks,

Sapper.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Directions posted by Red Kite in an earlier post ;)
Hi guys

More info from Lloyd.

The road leading up to the site is signed "Nedd Valley".

As you go up the road keep an eye out for a "NO SHOOTING" sign on the left, when you reach the sign take the track leading down to the left.

This will take you down to a small carpark - watch out for the monster pothole, but Lloyd reckons you can get by it if your carefull.

From the car park cross the bridge and through the gate on the right to the site.

There are some scrubby trees around but we're not sure if they will be suitable for hammocks, so if youre planning to hammock it may be worth having some backup accomodation just in case.

Looks like I'm good to go... will aim to get there early evening friday :)

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
hi guys , was intending to show up but i have to go to a mates 40th instead , enjoy yourselves on what may be the last dry weekend before easter ! ha .

cheers lads,
rolly

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I'm a bit confused now .I've just looked at Red kites direction and now I'm not sure if we're going to Glyn-y-mul or Blaen-nedd-isaf. HELP.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I'm pretty sure we are going to Nedd-Isaf old boy, at least i am. Might be there with Jed Jnr only if i've made a mistake! Anyone else, feel free to clarify!:rolleyes:

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I'm pretty sure we are going to Nedd-Isaf old boy, at least i am. Might be there with Jed Jnr only if i've made a mistake! Anyone else, feel free to clarify!:rolleyes:
Well that'll be 2 (and a half) of us at Blaen-nedd-isaf...

Jed, if you've still got that M90 Parka, bring it along... if it's a better fit than the one i have I've got a nice shiny billy can to swap ;)

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Well that'll be 2 (and a half) of us at Blaen-nedd-isaf...

Jed, if you've still got that M90 Parka, bring it along... if it's a better fit than the one i have I've got a nice shiny billy can to swap ;)

Sorry Steve, M90 has gone. I am handing all my kit back into QM's tomorrow, so i'll be bringing what i have left along to trade/distribute amongst the masses. No one will probably be interested in DPM stuff, so it'll go nice on the fire!:rolleyes: ;)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
See you all at Blaen-nedd-isaf!:D
I'm bringing a mate of mine with me who has never done bushcraft / survival before so please be gentle with him!

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Sapper the directions posted earlier definitely refer to Blaen Nedd Isaaf.

The turn off down to the campsite is the last one before the farm so if you get there turn around and come back.

Any probs PM me your number and I'll give you a call

ATB

Stewart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE